Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In one of my wedding pictures, taken on the sidewalk leading up to where we were having the reception, we discovered that the local drunk was standing behind us. We didn't care. I married the most wonderful man in the world that day, and I wouldn't have cared if Bigfoot was standing behind us. (Although that picture would have been blown up and framed and put on the living room wall.)

Comment

The time to worry is when the local drunk is the one standing next to you....
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        A friend showed me half of her wedding picture and said, "There I am, ripped to the tits."
        That explains why the picture is ripped too...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've told my husband (same one; we've been married 21 years) that if he ever gets a hangover I'm going to decide that's the time to practice my clarinet. He drinks maybe 3 beers a week and never more than one per day, but he knows I mean what I say.

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
            if he ever gets a hangover I'm going to decide that's the time to practice my clarinet.
            Bagpipes work even better . . .

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
              Bagpipes work even better . . .
              taking up the violin works too

Comment

Add insult to injury. Pipe and Drum Corp.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Not a wedding, but at my first job, way back when, I was shown a group photo of the entire business unit that has been taken on the steps of the State Capitol. No one, including the photographer, noticed that the local Curmudgeon Who Hates Politicians had shown up with his picket signs.

Behind the last row in the photos is a sign held high above their heads. “Impeach the Bastards.”

Comment

I really don't understand why some people act like complete selfish barbarians over their wedding festivities. You'd think they were being crowned King & Queen of the universe instead of just getting married, a simple thing that millions of people do all the time. I guess this brings out their true personalities.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      I really don't understand why some people act like complete selfish barbarians over their wedding festivities. You'd think they were being crowned King & Queen of the universe instead of just getting married, a simple thing that millions of people do all the time. I guess this brings out their true personalities.
                      Ditto ...

I honestly have no idea why anybody wants to spend anywhere from a couple house payments to more than many people make in a year on something that will last a few hours and cause such agitation. I had something like 13 or 14 bridesmaid gowns that were worn only once, absolutely not suited to any sort of modification to wear for something else and generally either style or color or both that I did not like or didn't really suit me ... roughly $7000 or so invested in useless crap clothing.

To be honest, I tend to send a gift and apologize for not being able to attend. I hate most parties especially when I don't know the majority of people attending, don't like the food or even more important, CAN'T eat the food because of allergies and don't like the music all that much. I know I am a grumpy curmudgeon, but there you go.
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        "Clean pajamas"? Well La Dee Da! Ain't we fancy Lord & Lady Jane!

What? Doesn't everybody have a set of 'nice' pajamas in a lower drawer that are meant for wearing when traveling? All of my 'daily wear' pajamas are not meant for anyone's eyes. Trust me on this.
                        If my house ever caught on fire, I'd have to change before grabbing the cat and running outside.

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post

If my house ever caught on fire, I'd have to change before grabbing the cat and running outside.
                          I'd have to find clothing . . .

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                            Add insult to injury. Pipe and Drum Corp.
                            mariachi band
                            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                              I'd have to find clothing . . .
                              I can just see the incident report at my house...

Some flaming *thing* boiled out of the house and started chasing the firemen and firewomen. We had to keep a hose on it until we could board the firetruck and escape.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X