This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dasota View Post
    I suck at pretty much all video games. I stick with Animal Crossing or button mashing arcade style fighty games like Soul Caliber.
    Woah woah woah. You're reference for button mashing arcade fighter is Soul Caliber?

I'm sorry, but unless I missed something here the SC series is one of the most technical fighting game series out there.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

SC is also quite button-mash friendly if you learn a couple of basic moves.

I know. I beat a friend a houseful of friends playing SC by button mashing, for the most part. It really frustrated one of them who actually knows how to play the game.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't learn the button combos on how to do things. Soul Caliber included. I find one or two things and repeat. It gets aggravating quick for folks that actually know how to play

Comment

Soul Caliber and Mortal Kombat can be won by button mashing. I used to be really good with Talim on SC just by mashing. However, things go much better if you learn the combos.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Papo and Yo is quite frustrating. Its a PS3 only surreal game where drawings lead you to solve problems to get you and another character through different obstacles. It does have a 'hints' function but sometimes those don't really help when you've tried jetting across to the other side 10 times and fall down because you were a millimetre off the sweet spot.
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Try any Bullet Hell genre game, and you'll be trying to break your controller in no time flat. *laughs*

Seriously though, if you want a challenge, then Bullet Hell games are a very good, and usually fairly cheap, means to find that. Some good ones are available on Steam, such as the Gundemonium series (Gundemonium Recollection, GundeadliGne, and Hitogappa Happa), and Jamestown.
              Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Dwarf Fortress.

Either adventure mode for RPG type action or fortress mode for more simulation-y type play.

How hard is it? Well, the motto of the community and the game itself is "Losing is Fun"

Oh, and there are no win conditions to either mode.

If you want to give it a try, you'll need the Wiki http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

Comment

Note: For all that it uses ascii graphics, Dwarf Fortress needs a goodly amount of processor power. Don't try to play it on a machine that doesn't have a decent amount of power under the hood. Graphics, however, aren't an issue.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X