This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being unreasonable?

So it's less than a week to my wedding. As I've had to work full time and get things ready, I delegated the task of hair to my sister, the Maid of Honor. I had a girl set up to do my make up but she can't come, so I asked my sister if the place that's doing our hair will also do make up.

I found out that she did not ever schedule the hair appointment for the wedding. She did schedule a hair trial for everyone (which was months ago) and she sent me links to hair salons in the area (I'm getting married out of town) but she never actually scheduled anything. I'm pretty sure I told her I wanted to go with this one specific salon she sent me, but as this was months ago I don't remember. Apparently she was waiting on me to "confirm" but in the months since the hair trial never said a word about it or got back to me. Now it's 6 days to the wedding and I just now find out it never got done.

I'm kinda pissed at the moment. The only reason I found out it wasn't schedule was because I asked about make up and up until this point she doesn't bother to tell me that she never scheduled it. It's entirely possible that I never actually told her I wanted to go with this salon. I really don't remember but I'm pretty sure I did. However, is it unreasonable for me to have expected her to follow up with me? If I hadn't asked about that, would I have only found out the day of that we don't have anyone to do our hair?

I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to be pissed, no. The maid of honor is supposed to be helping with things like that, and you've got a million things to do as it is. I will say that yes, you probably should have checked with her a little sooner, but even so, she kinda dropped the ball. IDK, maybe she got her signals crossed and thought you wanted to set the appt. yourself?

Whatever: Deep breath--it's your sister, and you want the rest of the prep to go smoothly, so it's probably best to let it go, and figure out what you're going to do instead. Maybe when things calm down, ask her why the heck she didn't follow up on this after the hair trial, but not in a I'm-still-mad-at-you way, just to hear what she has to say. And then forgive her. We're all human and we screw up sometimes.

Hope your wedding day is great, and everything goes well. Congratulations, by the way!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to be pissed that the person who you were relying on to make arrangements for your wedding dropped the ball like that.

You have no way to determine that it wasn't taken care of. In your mind it was handled. She, however, knew that she hadn't made any reservations, and thus that it wasn't handled, and as such, she should have gotten in touch with you to let you know. Preferably rather sooner than a week before the event.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Meh, I'm not even mad anymore. I've decided I'll call a few places and set up the appointment tomorrow. I'm a little annoyed at having this dropped in my lap at the last minute but whatevs. In 6 days I'm marrying the most wonderful man in the world and my hair and make up will look amazing.

It also helps that I found Ohagi at the local super market for dessert tonight. I loves me Ohagi!

Apparently she did think that I wanted to schedule it myself. Not sure why but again, whatevers. Doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
        X