X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Attractions! 2016 Christmas Card Exchange

In case anyone is wondering...

Christmas Card Exchange signups are coming soon!

Watch this space!!

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

I want in on this! I bought my glitter last year on sale!

Comment

Grrr...go hide somewhere until November
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I've already started shopping for cards And maybe a couple random tubes of glitter *whistles innocently*

Comment

I should have things up and running by next week. That'll give us the month of October to collect signups, a week for opt-out, and then we can get to the fun part by mid-November!

I just have to dig out my stash of cards. We either need a record number of participants or a couple more years of this before I need to buy more. The hazards of working for a bookstore.

Comment

Time to check the stash already? I need stamps. . .

Comment

This would be my first year doing it . Looking forward to it and go finding out the in and outs!

Comment

I'm expecting somebody to come up with a toy-train hack that puffs glitter instead of smoke...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  Grrr...go hide somewhere until November
                  Not a chance! I plan to have signups open by October 1. Having some technical difficulties (the signup tool apparently didn't migrate with the rest of the site; waiting to see if Raps and PPE can sort it out) but if I have to do things the old fashioned way, then by golly, I will!

Comment

So much glitter...My work here is done. Nice to see my corruption influence has spread
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Had to opt out last year, gonna join in again this year! It was so fun to get cards from all over!

Comment

I will be playing glitter roulette with my cards.All of you will get glitter...except one.Which may contain pus. Yes,pus,Finnigan,pus.
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
                          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

We'll see. On one hand the Danish Mail have increased the prices once more. They say that since so few are sending letters they have to take more from the remnant of customers. In my view they'll succeed in scaring the rest away too.
                            On the other hand I so enjoy to get all those cards and to send some cards too with strange letters .
                            On the gripping hand the people in the post-office and my great grandchild enjoy them too.
                            I'll find the money somehow.

Comment

Glitter aside It's so much fun to get cards from all over.
                              I need to check my stash
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X