This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
    Whoever said they hadn't seen the original Muppet Movie except once long ago really should give it another chance. It's good. Though I agree with Fozzie: The Electric Mayhem don't look like Presbyterians to me, either.
    Oh, I need to. I remember it being fun. I'm just saying I'm not entirely sure that Muppets movie is good for a 3-year-old. I've seen it bandied about on the internet that it was an attempt to show that a movie featuring puppets could be for older audiences too, not just little kids. So yes, I need to watch it again sometime.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I was three when it came out new, and loved it... though about all I remembered of it until seeing it again in fourth grade was Fozzie's Studebaker and Animal growing huge.
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Khan has watched some shows on Netflix (I too hate what kids' TV has become...every time he watches TV at grandma's he is startled and angered by commercials, since he doesn't have to watch them at home!). He has seen the '67 Spider-man, the '81 Spider-man, Spider-man and his Amazing Friends, Superhero Squad, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, Go Diego Go, Curious George, Arthur, Little Robots, Busytown Mysteries and The Busy World of Richard Scarry. The husband is contemplating starting him on Transformers: Beast Wars, which seems a bit violent for my taste. I wish Batman: The Brave and the Bold was on there as he has read a few books based on that series and really liked them.

I forgot to mention Ice Age, he watched that with Mom and when we called to check on him he kept talking about the litle squirrel chasing his nut.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          Arthur, Little Robots, Busytown Mysteries and The Busy World of Richard Scarry.
          I LOVE Arthur! If I have the TV on as background noise, Arthur will make me stop and watch the whole thing.

I also liked Little Robots as a kid.

And I grew up with Richard Scarry.

I forgot to mention Ice Age, he watched that with Mom and when we called to check on him he kept talking about the litle squirrel chasing his nut.
          That would be Scrat. It's sort of a movie subplot where Scrat is trying to get an acorn, but the acorn keeps running away from him.

For your viewing pleasure: Scrat.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Transformers: Prime is much better. Everyone here watched that but we turned Beast Wars off after 10 minutes.

Comment

I just remembered another possibility: The BFG movie.

It is Dahl, though, so there are some O.o moments. The BFG himself I believe is voiced by David Jason and there are a couple of great songs. ^^
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I was thinking of maybe the Madagascar films?

Most of the violence shown in the film is more comical in most parts with a few scary scenes.

#2 has a few more scary scenes.

#3 has a few scary scenes, although these seem to be a tad milder.

Another suggestion that I thought of: Rugrats-both the TV show AND the films. Not too violent?

Comment

There's also, instead of movies, the classic 80's Disney cartoon series--Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Tailspin and the like. All good, all clean, mostly, and all fun.

Comment

He likes Wallace and Gromit now so in honor of Halloween we watched "Curse of the Were-rabbit". He said Wallace and Gromit were not cool but he liked the big rabbit.

Next week is Alice in Wonderland, the Disney version.

He watched Cars but it bored him (it bored us too, that was the worst Pixar movie I've seen). Ratatouille was about 20 minutes too long for all of us.

He loved Monsters Inc so when the prequel comes out next year we plan to take him to see it.

I think he might be ready for Spirited Away.

Thanks everyone!
                    Last edited by AnaKhouri; 10-23-2012, 08:47 PM.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

With spirited away, just be careful as there are a few creepy scenes. No face eats about three or four people.

Comment

We had to be careful when my brother was little too. Anything too scary was bad. Nightmares and hullications (sp?) were not fun for him or us.

We all loved Ducktales and the chipmunks and all the 80's kids cartoons. The other movies he might be ok with are The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under and maybe All Dogs go to Heaven. There are 3 in this series.

The Land Before Time series has a few darker spots. I think there is about 10 or 11 in the series. In the first movie at the start was a bit scary for little kids, when the rocks are breaking up and everyone gets separated. And when the t-rex shows up too. The later ones are very tame.

An American Tail movies should be ok for him. There are 4 in the set.

The Carebears, My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake should all be safe, even if they are a bit girly.
                        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Working...
                        X