Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a sweetie! Though perhaps you should explain to Loki that he can't keep bringing all his friends home.
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Fafnir, after a brave dwarf with a fearless soul who guarded his father's treasure hold in Norse mythology. Loki tricked him and managed to rob the treasure. Or depart a bit from authentic Norse mythos and go Tolkien. Eowyn, maybe?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        I like AW's suggestion. And it satisfies the Golden Rule of Pet Naming: never name an animal something you can't walk around yelling at the top of your lungs should they ever get lost.
        Neighbour had a cat named "Peanuts". Outdoor cat. Yeah, they renamed it!
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

OK, I gotta ask the obvious question.

Is Loki fixed? Because that might explain the protectiveness; she may be getting ready to go into heat.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
            Fafnir, after a brave dwarf with a fearless soul who guarded his father's treasure hold in Norse mythology. Loki tricked him and managed to rob the treasure.
            If that's the case, then did the treasure have a name?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Loki is fixed, thank god, all the neighbourhood cats that I know of are fixed. We're thinking we might go with Hel, as that's the name of Loki's daughter in mythology. Plus it would sound real interesting yelling for her. She's not being allowed back outside until I have a vet check her, or someone claims her. I don't think she'll be claimed though, just a hunch, but I think she was dumped, rather than pay to fix her. Now I just have to figure out how to keep her out of Loki's food. She won't eat dry food, so I wet some down with beef broth and turned it into mush for her, she loved that. However, Loki is on a diet to lose weight, and gets specific calorie controlled food until he loses a few more pounds. Thankfully, I still had some of his old food to give her, but she needs to gain weight as much as he needs to lose it. I fed him in another room tonight with the door closed but he didn't finish it all and when I let him out, she finished it for him. If that keeps up, I'll need to find a new way to get him his Metamucil, as she definitely doesn't need that.

Comment

There's the goddess Sif; she is the goddess of earth and fertility and was once shorn by Loki. In response, Thor forced Loki to make her a golden crown to wear on her head.

Comment

Quoth TawnyMyst View Post
                  Now I just have to figure out how to keep her out of Loki's food. She won't eat dry food, so I wet some down with beef broth and turned it into mush for her, she loved that. However, Loki is on a diet to lose weight, and gets specific calorie controlled food until he loses a few more pounds. Thankfully, I still had some of his old food to give her, but she needs to gain weight as much as he needs to lose it.
                  But if she steals Loki's food, then he'll lose weight, and she'll gain it, faster. Still, I'm surprised that an underfed cat would turn up her nose at any kind of food.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

If she was owned and abandoned, she is probably still thinking like a house cat, even if she is hungry.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Hey, I got three cats out of female kitties showing up in my yard and having kittens. One of them was my beloved Tigger, the other two were the twins, Sassy and Spunky, born a year or two later from a different female. Why female cats were so attracted to our yard, I have no clue, but hey, it worked out for us, and we found all the kitties homes in the end!
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                        There's the goddess Sif; she is the goddess of earth and fertility and was once shorn by Loki. In response, Thor forced Loki to make her a golden crown to wear on her head.
                        I'm pretty sure it was golden hair, actually.
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

So the posters I put up turned out to be a good idea. Her owner called and came and got her tonight. Turns out she got out of the house about a week ago and they've been looking ever since but figured a fox or coyote had got her. She belongs to a farm just up the road from us. Her name was Mystique. Glad I could return her to her humans, but going to miss the sweetie.

Comment

It's a shame you didn't get to keep her, but I'm happy for the family that got their pet back.

I hate not knowing what happened to my pets.

^-.-^

Comment

I'm glad she was reunited with her family.
                              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

How nice that she's back where she belongs, and with a name like Mystique, you weren't that far off track.
                                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                                X