This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Audit?? really??!?

Just the other day the uber smart (idiotic) guys at corporate decided to spring an "garbage audit" on us. A garbage audit is when they filter through our dumpsters out back to make sure we are not tossing any good salable items away that are slightly damaged to avoid paperwork, tossing cardboard away that has been mixed in with trash because its easier to to do so than filter through etc. Also making sure dept "tossaways" are not thrown out but actually put in their respective bins (compost, meat scrap bin etc). Which is normally fne and dandy. Our store is trying to go "green" but we cannot lock up the dumpsters nor tell customers not to use our trash bins outside if we see them because of 'customer relations' issues. So we fail again and again on our garbage audtis which is unfair because no matter how hard we try to do our part and only get rid of stuff we cannot use we still get nailed for the wrong stuff in our trash bins. I mean how the hell are we supposed to pass this stupid audit if outside people keep tossing their crap in our trash bins?
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Maybe they want you to post a "garbage policeman" next to the garbage? Tell them that & you know that'll be shot down down faster than a "Lead Zeppelin"...LOL!

Comment

Nice. They set up an impossible situation and then get pissed when the predictable happens.

They would have a coronary if they were auditing the Kinko's I worked at. We couldn't even have a recycling bin for paper because some moron would dump leftover frosty or whatever into it. Every single solitary time. It was pointless.

Of course, nobody cared when we shrugged, went "fuck it" and just started regularly dumping the entire bin into the dumpster out back every day, either. So it was just a problem of "trying vainly to do the right thing while swimming in sea of assholes", not "being penalized by assholes for having the inevitable happen."

Comment

This is just one of those things that happens when corporate blindly implements policies without considering how they might interfere with other policies.

In this case going out of their way to avoid offending people, and mindlessly jumping on the "green" bandwagon.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The logical solution would be to take the garbage down to their department nightly so that they can sift through and, then THEY will be in control of further trash-able and non trash-able items.

Comment

Lock anything that the general public has access to, or put it in an inaccessible place?

And keep the 'public trash' from your public-accessible and checkout rubbish bins separate, so that the garbage auditors can audit staff-work and public-trash separately?
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

A lot of dumpsters around here either have a lock or a fence system built around it which is locked to prevent people from dumping their stuff in when they're not allowed to.

Though you'd think they'd have better things to waste time with then going through garbage.

Comment

Sounds to me as if the suits at corporate don't have enough work.

Comment

And I bet the people that dump trash in the recycle will be the first and loudest to complain about you guys not recycling!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
                    A lot of dumpsters around here either have a lock or a fence system built around it which is locked to prevent people from dumping their stuff in when they're not allowed to.
                    Sadly, I've heard of people complaining when businesses do this, breaking the heavy-duty locks/chains (if you can afford the tools to do that you can afford to use your own cans dammit), etc -- to the point where the rightful dumpster owners -- who pay through the nose for the service -- just stop replacing the locks after awhile x.x
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X