This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My good deed for the day

Aside from being a delivery driver, I also do children's sports pictures. Yesterday, the last team I took, I asked if everybody had there pics made, the coach pointed at a boy and said that he didn't, I asked if he turned in a form and he said "No, my mama can't afford pictures." poor guy, he looked down right ashamed too.. So I bought him a picture package.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

You are an with a camera! Poverty shouldn't cause shame but it does. That kid will be tickled to death when he gets his photos.

Comment

VERY nice!

Comment

Thank you. You made me smile with this. And I bet that child will remember it forever. I would love to see Mom's face when he gets the pics and the coach tells her how it happened.

Comment

Aww, thank you! I'm bawling like an idiot. (mostly, because I have had a long day and I am tired) But seriously, I remember when my family didn't have much moolah, and long story short a very nice lady bought me a pair of pants to wear for school because my other ones were worn out to shreds.
          Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Comment

orcprincess:

I've been there. It's amazing when someone's kind to you when you most need it, isn't it?
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

HappyFunBall, stop it. You're melting my cold, wintery heart with that, kindness.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm sorry but my cynicism is kicking in -- knowing what site I'm on.

Be prepared, the mom may go sucky on you and come in and tear you a new one for this gift of great generosity. Who knows how a sucky customer thinks?

(Of course, she may be the rare customer who will thank you profusely and make you a batch of cookies, but as I said - I know what site I'm on!)
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  I've been there. It's amazing when someone's kind to you when you most need it, isn't it?
                  Ditto, only it was gym shoes back in High school (even then, my size -- 16EEEE in US sizes -- was hard to find, and I couldn't afford to custom order any) -- Turned out that some of the local sports team players donated unused (or sometimes "used for one game and then sanitized/cleaned") shoes to those who needed them. I wound up with several pairs over the years, all of which were from the same player. He's long since retired, but when I was able to afford a jersey to go to their games in, I got it with his name and number on it.

It may have been a small thing to him, but I'll never forget it and always be grateful.
                  Last edited by EricKei; 09-16-2011, 06:24 AM. Reason: ya know what they say about dudes with big feet...? Damn hard to find shoes our size...
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                  X