This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Retail Story

Lately one of the big hard discounter had an Android smartphone on offer for a very good price, and the relevant magazines wrote it up favorably too. As I half needed half wanted (ooooh shiny new toy) a new phone anyway, I decided to get up really early that Thursday to get one. I was very sure they would have only very few phones per shop.

Thursday 6:50am Store One: 10 people already waiting, yep they all wanted a phone
    Thursday 7:00am Store One: 15+ people waiting, the doors open.
    Us: Yep we all want a phone
    Them: But we got only 2 phones!!!
    I really felt sorry for them, you could see the panic in their faces, I swear I heard them thinking Oh sh*t over and over again.
    Me: Corporate will hear about this, just 2?
    And I went to Store Two not far away, it might have been a glitch after all.
    Thursday 7:15am Store Two
    Me: How may phones did you get?
    Them: 2
    Me: OK, corporate will definetly hear about this!!!! The other store had just 2 as well.
    Them: Oh yes please!
    They too had that panicked expression on their faces.

When I came into the door at my company the receptionist said: Let me guess, you didn't get the phone...
    Me: No
    And I told her what had happened, I needed to vent a bit.

So I looked up the contact information for the company, they have a toll free number, gooooood
    I took a while to reach someone, I guess I wasn't the only one complaining. I stated my complaint, and made very clear that I was not amused. Looks like my mentioning of the relevant law (ยง5 UWG) helped too, it basically says: If you put out an add for something, you have to have an adequate number of items to sell. 2 per store is NOT enough! I gave my phone number and email address and they promised they'd get back to me.

Friday: No phone call, no email. Not really a surprise I though.

Monday 2:00pm: Phone call from corporate: We've got a second shipping, is it OK for us to send it to Store One? They'll call you when the phone has arrived.

Wednesday 2:00pm: Phone call from Store One: Your phone has arrived!

W00t I got my phone! The poor cashier told me they had had a day from hell. As if complaining to and screaming at the poor guys at the store or the hotline would magically produce the merchandise... A cool and calm complaint to corporate worked much better for me.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Working...
X