Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From entitlements heart she stabs at thee...er, me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
    It's about an 8-10oz bottle...soda can quantity? Enough milk that I get in trouble if I don't charge for them
    Okay, I was just trying to get a picture in my mind. It doesn't matter what size it is, it's not the kind that's free. This concept is impossible for SCs.

At my work we sell fabric by the inch. So if there's a few extra inches more than the customer wants, we have to either charge remnant price (50% off) or cut it and write it off. Sometimes I get the eye roll, and I usually tell them even though it's little, it's still product which I have to account for. I do wish the company would figure some other way to deal with this, because I waste a lot of time dealing with tiny bits of nothing. But that's big business, right?
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      At my work we sell fabric by the inch. So if there's a few extra inches more than the customer wants, we have to either charge remnant price (50% off) or cut it and write it off. Sometimes I get the eye roll, and I usually tell them even though it's little, it's still product which I have to account for. I do wish the company would figure some other way to deal with this, because I waste a lot of time dealing with tiny bits of nothing. But that's big business, right?
      it's any business. When I worked for your competitor, we gave away less than 3/8ths of a yard, and remnant priced 1/2 to 1 1/2 yards. The company isn't making a profit once it's discounted too much, so of course it's important. It's not just you in your store. it's thousands of cuts a day in hundreds of stores.

Comment

Working...
      X