This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commissioning artwork

I would like to get some artwork done for a novel/play/idea I'm conceiving.
    As it's rather a specialized idea (schoolkids being given horrid punishments in a dystopian gameshow),there's certainly nowhere on the Internet I can get examples of how it would look or people who do something similar,so it would have to be specially commissioned-I have a budget of up to about £50 or so.
    I had considered Deviant Art-is there a way to request artists to commission who are a)capable b)happy with drawing this sort of thing c)not going to charge a fortune?
    Perhaps Reddit too or are there other suitable sites that I could use or does anyone know anyone who would be able to do it?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I'm not an artist. But based on some of the things I've read here (and in my dealings with graphic artists in the past) £50 is likely not going to be enough.

You might not be able to find someone to do it for you for that much (around $70 USD, if I'm not mistaken).

I think it's also going to depend on how much you want done. You might be able to get a "one-off" for £50, but I don't know if that's possible. A lot of graphic artists might start at that on a per hour basis.

As an example, I'm considering starting a small side business. I want a logo created for it. I have some ideas that I want, but I'm not sure I can do it myself. I'm fully expecting to spend at least $200 (or more) if I go through a graphic designer.

All that said, I hope you're able to find what you're looking for.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

From a writer POV, commissioning illustrations, cover art...it's pricey. $300 for a custom cover is a good price. You can poke around places like Deviantart to see who is taking commissions and ask their prices, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if it's out of your budget. Custom stuff is just expensive. Unless you have a friend or a friend of a friend who is willing to do stuff for cheap.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

There are people who will do very simple illustrations for fairly low prices, but we're talking black and white, usually line drawings, and usually only face or head and shoulders. It's more for a full body drawing, more for color, and more for background.

You might want to poke around Tumblr or DeviantArt and see who's accepting commissions.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I recently commissioned an artist off of Fiverr and was very pleased with the results and the cost was very affordable. You can usually view their portfolio in advance to get an idea of their style and the quality of their work. I highly recommend it.
          "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Working...
          X