This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post
    I have one. I specifically asked for it not to have the Visa or AmMex logo and debit capabilities on it to minimize the chance it can be used to empty my bank account if it should be stolen. You can only use it at an ATM with the PIN.
    My ATM card from my credit union can be used as a debit card. Made it handy when the actual visa-logo debit card went missing. I can use it at the grocery store and speedway so I'm happy. Haven't tried it at the bar yet, but I usually spend cash there anyway.

Comment

Quoth laborcat View Post
      My ATM card from my credit union can be used as a debit card. Made it handy when the actual visa-logo debit card went missing. I can use it at the grocery store and speedway so I'm happy. Haven't tried it at the bar yet, but I usually spend cash there anyway.
      I have a debit card from my bank w/the Visa logo that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted - even online.

That was probably the best thing banks came up with IMHO since sliced bread. I can run my card either as debit or credit. So if I'm at the KT getting gas at the pump, I can run my card as credit w/no problems (for some reason their pumps won't let you select debit at the pump - you get a message saying please pay inside.)
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Local chain grocery store just announced that there was a breach in the security of the payment system, and thousands of customers' ATM and credit card information is compromised. Shoulda written checks, I guess.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
          Local chain grocery store just announced that there was a breach in the security of the payment system, and thousands of customers' ATM and credit card information is compromised. Shoulda written checks, I guess.
          Why was the information even recorded?

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            I have a debit card from my bank w/the Visa logo that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted - even online.

That was probably the best thing banks came up with IMHO since sliced bread. I can run my card either as debit or credit.
            Just keep in mind, in the US at least, those debit cards do not have the same legal protections a regular credit card does. Most banks still protect the customers using them in case of fraud, but they have up to 30 days (by my understanding) to investigate return the money to your account. That can cause some serious hardship to a lot of people if their account was cleaned out, or even a large fraudulent purchase was made. That's the main reason I got in the habit of asking for a non-logo ATM card, to protect myself as much as possible and still have ATM access.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
            X