This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the check was in the mail

SC: Uh yea, I got a late fee but as you can see, I mailed my payment the day before it was due

Me: I see it was three days late

SC: Open your ears. I mailed it the day before it was due

Me: but it arrived late

SC: not my problem, reverse the late fee

Me: I can't do that, sir

SC: well then I'm changing banks.......now will you reverse it?

Me: no sir. I'm sorry I can't

SC: Fine. What is your last name so I can put it all over social media. I want the whole world to see how rude and unhelpful you are

Me: no I don't give out my last name

SC: Your name will be mud when I'm done with you. You are a worthless cunt. Thats why you can't get a better job than you have. Miserable cunt.

Me: Let me grab a supervisor for you'

SC: no I'm not finished with you, yet, you piece of shit

Me: uh, yes you are. Please hold for a supervisor

SC: Do not transfer me to anyone

I transferred him anyway. I bet he was furious

Due date means the day it's due in the office. Mailing the day before usually won't cut it.

SC needs to get a grasp of reality, including the fact that social media will label _him_ an idiot for not understanding this very simple concept!

Comment

Never abuse people who touch your food.
      Never abuse people who have razor sharp shears near your jugular.
      Never abuse people with access to your personal information.

In fact, never abuse people *period* and you'll be hella happier.

Comment

Quoth moneybags
        SC: Uh yea, I got a late fee but as you can see, I mailed my payment the day before it was due

Me: I see it was three days late

SC: Open your ears. I mailed it the day before it was due

Me: but it arrived late

SC: not my problem, reverse the late fee
        And here we have the problem in a nutshell.

And no, it's not the OP's problem at all . . .

No way in the world known to mankind can a payment get to the company overnight via USPS. At least 3 days, depending on how far away the payment center is from the customer's address and that's if the mail is running normally (if it's a peak season, it's going to take longer.)

And this is why companies always advise customers (and it's printed on the bill as SOP) to mail payments in 7-10 days BEFORE the due date to ensure that it arrives at the payment center on or before the due date.

Dumbass needs a reality check IMO.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The thing is, in my experience, if he hadn't been an ass most reps would try to help out. I've had stuff show up two full weeks after I mailed it. They checked on the postmark and waived penalties.

Comment

Wow, what a total jerk. I always tell my employees that they don't need to put up with being treated like that.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
              The thing is, in my experience, if he hadn't been an ass most reps would try to help out. I've had stuff show up two full weeks after I mailed it. They checked on the postmark and waived penalties.
              Honestly I can't tell you how much SC's make my life easier as a customer. See, I'm nice and reasonable with customer reps and they are always so appreciative that they bend over backwards for me. It's pretty rare for me to deal with someone rude or who remains rude to me at a place of business.

It's pretty sad that people are just happy *not* to be yelled at. You'd think that would be a reasonable expectation.

Comment

Some places extend the *special priveledge* of reversing such fees if the postmark is prior to the due date...But it's just a priveledge, and should never be expected. This guy needs to learn to send his stuff out sooner.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  No way in the world known to mankind can a payment get to the company overnight via USPS. At least 3 days, depending on how far away the payment center is from the customer's address and that's if the mail is running normally (if it's a peak season, it's going to take longer.)
                  In my town it used to be that if you were mailing taxes or payments to either the town or the county and dropped them off at the Main Branch they were put into the PO Box immediately (these were in that branch). So for those payments you could mail them on the due date and they'd be received on time.

No longer, now everything goes to a sorting center and comes back so 2 days at a minimum...

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Some places extend the *special privilege* of reversing such fees if the postmark is prior to the due date...But it's just a privilege, and should never be expected. This guy needs to learn to send his stuff out sooner.
                  My Power Company does this, but I _don't_ rely on it and make sure I get payment off 5-7 days before due date.

Comment

Online payment does simplify life a bit, but then I don't really trust the postal service.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Reversing a late fee is a"courtesy" which not all companies offer. And even if they do, it is not a guarantee. I think my credit card company used to (not sure if they still do) offer a once a year no late fee thing. If you were late a certain amount of time once, you got a little note on your next statement which had the fee and then a credit for the same amount. I never needed it, but I pay online and they had a 3 day grace period anyway so there tons of leeway.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        And this is why companies always advise customers (and it's printed on the bill as SOP) to mail payments in 7-10 days BEFORE the due date to ensure that it arrives at the payment center on or before the due date.
                        "7-10 days before the due date" used to be when my cable company would put the bill in the mail to me. Even in late December.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                          "7-10 days before the due date" used to be when my cable company would put the bill in the mail to me. Even in late December.
                          Another option he may have, especially in this age, is either online, pay by phone or mobile app.

Either way, there's no excuse why he couldn't make the payment on time.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I get a lot of that, too. It's worse when the payment posts the day after it was due. They really get hot under the collar then.
                            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Yeah, I woulda just hung up on that dude.
                              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                              X