This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I INSIST that you break the rules for me

SC: yes I need to close my card. You have my permission to speak to my secretary

Me: well actually, as the cardholder, only you can close the card

SC: I don't have time for this shit. You're just gonna to do it through my secretary

Me: no, you have to close the card. It won't take but a few seconds

SC: I don't have time. My secretary will do it

Me: she can't

SC: I INSIST that she be allowed to close this card

Me: she can't

SC: Ok I am getting off the line

Me: sir, if you...... (he got off the line leaving his secretary). Ok ma'am, we hgave to end this call now

Secretary: He just told you he was giving you permission to speak with me

Me: you can't close the card

Secretary: then you put your supervisor on the phone

Me: I don't have anyone available

Secretary: Then I'll hold

Me: holding is not an option. You would have to leave a voicemail

Secretary: I am not leaving a voicemail. I want talk to someone immediately.

Me: THere is nobody available

Secretary: I don't believe you

Me: I'm sorry but there is nobody available

Secretary: Then put the bank president on the line

Me: he is not available either

Secretary: well then I guess you're going to have to close this card. I'm not getting off this phone until you or someone closes this card for me

Me: ok we're not going around in circles here so at this time, I am putting you through to a manager's voicemail

Secretary: what kind of service is that? Good customer service means a willingness to break the rules to give your customers what they want

Me: have a nice day, ma'am

Secretary: I swear to God is you put through to a voice mail, I will come over there and..............

: P

Do you do meditation or something? My blood pressure would probably be through the roof with your job!

Comment

Uh, I don't know what kind of card that was (credit or store card) but why oh why would someone think that's okay?? Credit is a huge deal, not something to pass off on a secretary. There are so many security issues. Gah. Also, the secretary sounds like a grade A SC herself.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth moneybags View Post
        Secretary: what kind of service is that? Good customer service means a willingness to break the rules to give your customers what they want
        Whoever these people and their business are, they sound like a fine and safe company to work with. Hopefully it's nothing to do with medicine, law, or any other type of field where those pesky rules involve things like client confidentiality.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

In the time he was bitching he could've closed the card himself!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              Exactly what I was thinking.

But it's the PRINCIPAL of the thing!

Comment

Quoth moneybags View Post

MY answer to this would be the following:

ME: OK if that is the case I would like to order thousands of dollars of your product or service and I WOULD LIKE IT FOR FREE as a sign of YOUR good customer service practices.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  I've worked as a PA and that's pretty much the opposite of the way I'd have handled it. You use your secretary to sit on hold and navigate through the phone tree, and THEN hand the phone over to Boss when it's absolutely necessary. I spent 90 minutes on hold once trying to get a live person for my boss to close an account. But that's what he paid me for.

Comment

Yes, people may have secretaries so they can have the privilege of sitting on their butt and having their "servant" do all kinds of personal errands for them. But your bank card is just TOO personal to be able to have your secretary do it!

When you need to take a dump, do you just pass on the feeling to your secretary as well so she can go and take the dump for you???

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                      When you need to take a dump, do you just pass on the feeling to your secretary as well so she can go and take the dump for you???
                      Well that would explain why this SC was so full of crap. . .
                      πϱ -- The Greek Society you've been burning to join!

Comment

Oh, a willingness to break the rules is good customer service, is it? Funny, I was under the impression breaking the rules could GET SOMEONE FIRED. But hey, how can it be good service if the rep's not willing to risk their job, right?
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh dear, my PA would hand me my arse on a tray, if I'd try something like that.
                          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                            But it's the PRINCIPAL of the thing!
                            I see what you did there

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Funny, I was under the impression breaking the rules could GET SOMEONE FIRED. But hey, how can it be good service if the rep's not willing to risk their job, right?
                            *golfclap*
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, just imagine that there WAS no secretary, and that it was him all along pretending to be her lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X