This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Someone left a voicemail on our system recently. It was the sound of their phone being hung up while the caller muttered, "What do you mean IT'S CLOSED??"

This was before 8 am. We open at 9. We have never opened earlier than 8.
    What a pain!

We open at like 11 which is understandable why people call but if you can physically see that the doors are closed then why would still think I might me open?

I don't understand the general public. What goes through their heads?!
    How have I not killed anyone yet?

Comment

MW repair: We'd arrive 30 minutes to opening. I didn't get paid, but I wasn't doing work at that time. I'd sit in the break room, drink a bit of coffee and catch up on the repair center gossip. 15 til, I'd clock in, and start booting up the computers (freaking slow things, took 15 minutes to properly boot up!) and count out the till. Office lights are off, techs are only up front long enough to gather their work orders and route sheets, which are printed off the day before. Then, I put on my headset, the manger unlocks the door and bam, open.

Banging on the door wasn't going to open it faster. In fact, banging on the door made us delay opening just to piss off the person banging on the door.

Yelling, "When do you open?!" only caused one of us to point at the portion of the door below where you were banging. All times were listed there, probably because corporate thought people would read...

Our answering machine had our times listed, if you called in before business hours. It wasn't necessary to call 15 times, leaving a message of, "What time do you all open?!" All it did was make us wonder how you ever learned how to dial the phone. (I suspect it was more of a face roll across the number pad, rather than an actual dial. Or a butt-dial, using their face.)

In their little worlds, things should never be closed. Never.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Heck I work in a 24 hour/7 day gas station C store, and we get calls all the time asking if we are open. Or worse yet when I am hanging out the door at 2AM smoking a cig, and the pull in, see all the lights on and my wide butt at the door and ask "are you open"?

Comment

Quoth judecat View Post
          Heck I work in a 24 hour/7 day gas station C store, and we get calls all the time asking if we are open. Or worse yet when I am hanging out the door at 2AM smoking a cig, and the pull in, see all the lights on and my wide butt at the door and ask "are you open"?
          "No. This is where I hang out, cuz I love it so much."

I've even had that question asked at the time when I and my colleague were walking across the road to the store, having locked up the petrol station and shut off all the lights. Idiot nearly runs us over, pulls up and shouts, "Are you open?"
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
          X