This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
    I see Elvira has grown up. All that was missing was the "ok I love you buh bye"
    From what I can recall Elvira is quite grown up looking Elmira on the other hand.....

Comment

Quoth Deevil View Post
      From what I can recall Elvira is quite grown up looking Elmira on the other hand.....
      ...and "I love you buh-bye" was Mindy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elvira.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	2030468 Elvira

Name:	elmyra.jpg
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	2030469 Elmyra

Name:	tumblr_static_mindy_icon.jpg
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	2030470 Mindy

I always felt bad for Buttons. He was a good dog.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        Living in Texas, I have to remind myself that other states are smaller,
        Ah yes, Texas - the only state which managed to lose its status as the largest state in the U.S. to a state SMALLER than itself.
        Last edited by wolfie; 08-20-2014, 03:26 PM. Reason: Digging a little deeper
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Living in Texas, I have to remind myself that other states are smaller, and some are really, really small, and thus it's reasonable to drive from one state to another regularly, possibly even multiple times a day.
          The sun has riz
          The sun has set
          And here I iz
          In Texas yet.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          "But why?"

BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY IT IS!!!
          This made me think of Johnny Vegas' breakdown on Q.I. when they discussed the Parthenon, vis-a-vis straight lines.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've got some lottery tickets I bought for the hell of it when I was in Iowa a few months back. One was a winner. Now I just have to remember to take said winner the next time I go to Iowa for beer... I mean business.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Ah yes, Texas - the only state which managed to lose its status as the largest state in the U.S. to a state SMALLER than itself.
              I'm not sure what you mean. Alaska is 665,384.04 square miles; Texas is 268,596.46.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I'm not sure what you mean. Alaska is 665,384.04 square miles; Texas is 268,596.46.
                Popullution is smaller...

... as are the egos...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                  I've got some lottery tickets I bought for the hell of it when I was in Iowa a few months back. One was a winner. Now I just have to remember to take said winner the next time I go to Iowa for beer... I mean business.
                  I think you may need to worry about an expiration date. I'd check on that.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Living in Texas, I have to remind myself that other states are smaller, and some are really, really small, and thus it's reasonable to drive from one state to another regularly, possibly even multiple times a day. Otherwise, sometimes I find myself scratching my head wondering how people do that.
                    This reminds me of the Texas farmer and the Maine farmer who were comparing their farms. The Texas farmer said it took him all day to drive his truck from one side of his farm to the other. The Maine farmer replied, "Yep, I had a truck like that once."
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      I never said anything about Alaska. Texas lost its title of largest state in the U.S. TWICE - the first time was to California (but they re-gained the title a few years later). Let's see who can figure it out.
                      Last edited by wolfie; 08-25-2014, 05:40 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        I never said anything about Alaska. Texas lost its title of largest state in the U.S. TWICE - the first time was to California (but they re-gained the title a few years later). Let's see who can figure it out.
                        Something to do with the territorial size adjustments made by the Compromise of 1850?

Or perhaps they lost the largest status when they seceded from the Union, and regained it after the US Civil War?
                        Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 08-25-2014, 09:54 PM.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          Or perhaps they lost the largest status when they seceded from the Union, and regained it after the US Civil War?
                          Bingo! Would any Texan, at any point in history, have bragged about Texas being the biggest country in Europe? Of course not - Texas is not a country in Europe.

When they seceded, they ceased to be a state in the U.S., and were therefore disqualified from being the (pick any superlative) state in the U.S. Of the states which didn't secede, California was the largest.

I wonder - do any restaurants in Alaska, in the children/seniors/"smaller appetites" section of their menu, describe the food as "a Texas-size serving of..."?

Comment

Working...
                          X