X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, it's NOT good business.

Alright.

So in the same building as our hospital (they rent the space from us, actually) is a doggie daycare and kitty/doggie boarding facility.

To say that we've had issues with this facility is putting it lightly. We are not the same company, we're only in the same building. This will be important later, as it seems basic logic eludes my SC of the day.

So today, a lady comes in to drop of her adorable (100 lb) golden retriever for boarding. We'll take the dogs and bring them to the kennel. Apparently, the owner of the boarding facility required a fecal test. This is a basic screening that checks for intestinal parasites. Boarding Facility Owner wanted the Pet Owner to do the in-house test.

Boarding facility owner told Pet Owner that it should be around $30.

Cost of 4dx test that we send out to our lab? about $30
    Cost of in-house test? about $35.00

I'm not going to type out the entire conversation, as it can be summed up in three lines.

Pet Owner: So you're not going to honor what I was told?
    Me: If it had been my supervisor, there would be no problem. But [Boarding Facility Owner] is not part of our company, we are two separate businesses, so the price is $35.00
    Pet Owner: It seemed like such a small thing... it would be good business.

Yeah. It's totally good business practices to honor lower prices that someone who is not part of our company told you.

I'd love to go to her work and demand her services for less money and say, "Oh, but my cousin said it would be less. You're not going to honor what I was told? It's good business practices!"

She ended up paying the proper amount.

Want to know the real kicker?

The adorable, sweet, loving and snuggling golden retriever was wearing a brand new COACH collar.

Yeah lady, you're really hurting for money and have to pinch those pennies to save $5 on a test for your dog. Yup.

It's a good thing that the dog was so adorable or my mood would've been soured by the experience. I'm gonna go cuddle her later. :3
    Last edited by AmbrosiaWriter; 08-24-2014, 04:08 AM.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Good business for who? I guess they think it would be good for them. But if a company always did that, they'd go out of business. Or, the company would increase it's prices outrageously. It's NOT normal in this country to haggle at a business. You are not at a yard sale, SC!
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I didn't even know Coach made dog collars. A quick Google search shows collars starting at $59 up to $78; there are probably more expensive ones. Regardless, it's an ornament. You can buy much cheaper collars, certainly.

And she's bitching (haha) about the price of something that relates to her dog's health?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
        I'd love to go to her work and demand her services for less money and say, "Oh, but my cousin said it would be less. You're not going to honor what I was told? It's good business practices!"

You mean I have to pay $50 for this steak dinner? My friend's cousin's uncle's teacher's retarded half-romanian stepson said it would only be $20. THAT'S BAD BUSINESS!

Comment

$35 sounds like "around $30" to me. I am so bad at this "customer logic" thing.

Comment

So if I understand this you are supposed to honor a price given to her by someone who's not even associated with your company?

Great, can you quote me a low price for a new car? I'm positive the car dealer will honor your number!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              Great, can you quote me a low price for a new car? I'm positive the car dealer will honor your number!
              Hey, it worked for me. TrueCar quoted me a price that was about 2 grand less than what the dealer wanted, and they honored it...

(Not saying they were happy, but they honored it. Yup, the Forester is going away. Lease ended, and I'm moving up to an American car.
              ... an Outback.)

Comment

Whaddaya mean? It is good business.....for the SC.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Dammit!! THEY are quoting lower prices again.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                  X