This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    Hey it's a female storm.You can't just make it do what you want by attempting to blow it...
    That's not the blow job I had in mind.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Here in Charlottesville VA, it looks like we'll now be missed entirely. The weather report indicates thunderstorms and rain, but with only 3 inches or so. My sympathies and well-wishes to those in the path, and I hope you've gotten out of there or are doing so now!

Comment

The Weather Channel says "Hi!" o_O
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That's what New Bern is dealing with right now. My friend said that there's been over 100 people evacuated because of the insane water there.

BTW she's safe in the command center for Craven County, doing her job to keep people safe.
          https://www.today.com/video/hurrican...11833?v=raila&

Crazy stuff.
          Last edited by Victory Sabre; 09-14-2018, 01:17 PM.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Flo is acting so weird. I've never seen a storm bob and weave and change its mind so much

Am in Northern Virginia. It's just cloudy, a bit windy, and sprinkling rain.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I don't think Jimmy Buffet got that memo . . .

https://nypost.com/2018/09/14/jimmy-...cane-florence/

Right now, we're seeing rain and some gusting wind here . . . no power loss yet but there have been reports of sporadic outages here. I've been working in the house this morning (gave out last night and didn't get part of what I wanted done) so I'm finishing up the rest today and hopefully tomorrow I can kick back and just lay around.

In the meantime, the kitties are laying around for me.
              Last edited by EricKei; 09-17-2018, 03:29 PM. Reason: re-fixed url
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

https://pilotonline.com/news/article...4a8ae3a5f.html

At least things are starting to reopen in Wilmington.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

^ That's good. I looked at pictures of New Bern and Wilmington and ugly cried. I saw a picture of an open Waffle House. Apparently that's used as a gauge for how bad it is haha.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I got home a couple of hours ago, no damage to my home but had to upright a few plants. I have power, water, and am so glad that there's only downed branches.
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      ^ That's good. I looked at pictures of New Bern and Wilmington and ugly cried. I saw a picture of an open Waffle House. Apparently that's used as a gauge for how bad it is haha.
                      Yeah, seeing those pictures of New Bern underwater is awful. I was just there back in March, and it's very painful to see. I feel so bad for my friend, and all those who live there. They really got pounded, and it's going to take a long time to recover.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                        Flo is acting so weird. I've never seen a storm bob and weave and change its mind so much.
                        Typical female... 😉
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

And a great update from my friend. I'll just quote her, because it's well said

I am ecstatic to report that the cruel person who told me my River Bend house “totally flooded” grossly exaggerated ��. I am going to be fine! Water did get on the carpet but I don’t feel I’ve lost very much of my personal property at all. I will need to pack it up and move it out before mold and mildew sets in but I can live with that. I received word from my tenants in Burgaw and somehow that house magically didn’t have damage though I’m not sure the flooding potential is quite over there yet.

Comment

The flooding isn't over yet, from what local news reports are saying. We're getting heavier rain in Greensboro right now but so far we're not seeing water coming up the front steps outside.

As far as the roads here are, Mom wanted to make a quick run around the corner to Perfect Drugstore for a newspaper (our carrier wasn't able to deliver today) and, of course, waited until I was about to get dinner ready.

Didn't see any flooding on Wendover (usually that's a few miles westward on Wendover past the hospital, where it usually washes out that section of road) but we saw the rain blowing sideways in a westward pattern along the roadway.

Our road is fine . . . our intersection at Wendover is at the top of a hill, so we're okay at the moment. Rest of our road was fine and turning onto Bessemer Ave to take the back way into the drugstore was fine - no flooding roads but we're still seeing homes there around the Montessori School that are still in various stages of damage left over from April (and that school in my 'hood is closed for this school year as damage is being slowly repaired from that.)

Haven't heard any updates as far as the shopping center where I work at is concerned . . . Church Street is higher than our parking lot (so is Lees Chapel, where it crosses Church) so our shopping center is in the bottom of a big bowl. I hope it's not too deep to get in when I have to go in tomorrow at 7.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              I'm afraid you need to remove the from the URL before anyone can go directly to the article.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Hello, police? I'd like to report a big, bright ball in the sky.
                                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X