This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a bad sign ...

Swear unto all my books and cats, I am OFF the Book of Faces for the night!!

Well, except to get caught up on my games ...

However, here's my actually RELEVANT (to this site) comment: Does anybody else think it's a bad sign when, in a city where jobs aren't actually in plentiful supply, the same places keeps posting openings over and over and over ...?

This is a place (deli) I once applied to. The "interviewer" came out into the middle of the store, and talked vaguely to me for a couple of minutes, and that was it. A fellow student at the time said "They don't want older workers." No idea whether she had any real basis for that ...

They have since moved across town to a much larger site. Not long after they moved, I saw a sign up saying there were jobs "in all departments." And since then I keep seeing job postings from them ... not the wholesale "jobs in all departments" anymore, but ... I have to admit, I'm rather suspicious about why they can't seem to keep employees.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Oh, it's easy enough to figure. They want the young and stupid so they can pay them budget-rate chickenfeed.
    Sadly, the loss of actual productivity... well, you get what you pay for. Also, having to train new batches regularly can't be helping matters either. But hey! all that money they aren't spending on individual workers, right?
    I wouldn't put any bets on it being a happy/healthy work environment either. The cheap employers tend to be some of the worst to work for, for numerous reasons.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Does anybody else think it's a bad sign when, in a city where jobs aren't actually in plentiful supply, the same places keeps posting openings over and over and over ...?
      Absolutely BAD!!!!
      It could be cheap or someone in charge keeps alienating the staff.
      Last edited by taxguykarl; 09-28-2018, 03:49 PM.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

it can be that they are expanding and need more staff, and arn't clued up enough to put that in the advert.
        (not that I'm speaking from experience here....)
        Yes, there are probably better places to work, but it does depend on what you are looking for in a job.
        :-)

Comment

In situations like that I will usually look for reviews on sites like Glassdoor to see what former/current employees have to say about the company. If I see enough reviews saying that the company has high turn over through bad management practices then I will usually never apply there unless I am truly desperate. If the company is not on one of those sites, then I will ask people I know what they've heard about the place and make my decision from there.

Comment

Working...
          X