Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busted! (Or: In Which I May Have Destroyed a Marriage)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Smapti View Post
    Aww, can't I have this one? I'm not even going to get to ruin Christmas this year at this rate.
    Relax, you still have two months to ruin Christmas.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
      It's entirely possible there's an innocent explanation too; how often have we paid friends for odd jobs with a bottle of booze?
      Exactly. One of my neighbors, who is a contractor, came down one night to check out my furnace. The damn thing wasn't kicking on, and it was cold outside. He came down for a few minutes, took the covers off, and found that the motor had failed. While he couldn't fix, he did take time out of his schedule. So, he found a case of Yuengling on his porch the next day. Same guy installed the railings on my front porch. Yep, another case for him....and another after he did some repairs at my mom's.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I know I've saved money by buying a couple cases of beer instead of shelling out cash directly. I guess he didn't want to make the trip to the store himself, so... what the hell, it's on my way home anyways, and I stop there regularly.

Still, it's not nice to surprise the devout wife like that, no matter where the beer went.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
          I know I've saved money by buying a couple cases of beer instead of shelling out cash directly.
          Supposedly the biker extras in the first Mad Max movie were paid in beer, rather than cash.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X