Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 06-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Philosophical Tomato

Quote:
Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
But I just wish my state would pick one message to shops who can reopen.
the gov said req, suggested and not req if you can't and you don't need to show proof
Wouldn't asking about that health exception fall under the same thing as asking someone who's exploiting the "service dog" loophole? i.e you can't really ask (aren't supposed to). I see so many people without masks I'm starting to wonder if they found that loophole.

My state's the same way. Masks, no masks...Since I have one that's actually comfortable I'm wearing it everywhere public. It helps with my pollen allergies too so...I may not have Covid, but I'm protecting you from my sneezes anyway.

Still a bit annoying going shopping non-locally as I need to convince my mom in advance to stop at "my" store that does curbside pickup. I try to schedule pickups for the day we're traveling in that direction anyway, but she doesn't quite grasp the concept of "pickup windows" (no we can't just go get it on the day, I need to tell them when I'm coming). Plus I have to justify everything I buy...

Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM
Area Manager

Looks like my store is finally allowing bottle and can redemption starting tomorrow, which is great, as I probably have over $20 worth in recyclables littering the floor of my spare room in plastic bags since mid-March.

Old Today, 02:11 AM
Philosophical Tomato

Yeah, the trunk of our car is virtually full. One upside to the bottle redemption being closed down for the last two months is that the usual suspects that roam around town rummaging through dumpsters and private trash for cans were nowhere to be seen. Now...are we going to have to fight them for use of the machines...?

(typically, they show up once a day with at least one wire cart full of smelly, germy cans)

Old Today, 02:16 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
One upside to the bottle redemption being closed down for the last two months is that the usual suspects that roam around town rummaging through dumpsters and private trash for cans were nowhere to be seen. Now...are we going to have to fight them for use of the machines...?
I'd imagine a lot of people have just been tossing their cans and bottles away with no way to redeem them for cash, so those who spend their time rounding up stray bottles and cans in the wild will probably have hoarded a TON of them.

Regardless, going into work early well before my shift just to unload what I have.