This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting the squeeze on Mickey D's

Was at McDonald's after work today to grab a burger, and they had moved the napkin dispensers right next to the cash registers...to prevent people from stealing giant handfuls before they leave.

What is WRONG with this fucking country?!

It appears the Zombie Apocalypse isn't developing quite like we expected.

They're not going after our brains.

They want our paper products and hand sanitizers.

(Of course they still don't have any brains. Maybe that comes next.)
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

On a related note, I find it highly amusing that Mickey D's has had to finally begin posting signs in their stores telling people that they will be unable to obtain refunds if they do not have the relevant receipts.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        On a related note, I find it highly amusing that Mickey D's has had to finally begin posting signs in their stores telling people that they will be unable to obtain refunds if they do not have the relevant receipts.

We're on the lookout currently for a scammer(or several) who are using a new trick on the quick change scam.

What they're doing is this: after a transaction is completed, the scammer pulls out a random receipt from a prior purchase and claims they didn't get change back.

Corporate sent a memo recently alerting stores to this . . .just one more thing to worry about on top of everything else going on.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Chick Fil A did the same thing when I was there Saturday. You don’t get a tray or table tent, they put everything in a bag. Napkins, condiments and wrapped plasticware is handed to you from behind the counter.

From what I heard from a manager at McDonalds, there is a meeting today to decide if they are closing their lobbies. It may be drive thru only for a while.

Comment

Quoth notthecook View Post
            From what I heard from a manager at McDonalds, there is a meeting today to decide if they are closing their lobbies. It may be drive thru only for a while.
            That would be bad news for me, as I don't own a car. Hope I can keep enough food in my apartment until this all blows over...

Comment

I hear you with that! We have 3 people in a not jumbo 2 bedroom apartment, and the kitchen is small, and the bathroom storage is nearly non-existent.....

Comment

The moving crew that helped us get into this place wanted to know where to put the box of towels...when told that these new units don't have a linen closet the reaction was pretty much a 7-person facepalm. When mom asked the property manager about this, the reply was "you can just put [towels and toilet paper] in the bedroom closet"
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

On fast food -- Check with anywhere that does local food delivery such as DoorDash. In a number of areas, such companies are offering to waive the delivery fees, so it might be worth trying if you wanna get several meals' worth of burgers or whatever. I would imagine that pizza delivery (et al) will still function as normal while the restaurants are still open. Just remember to be nice to them (Friend of mine who does so has been having a bad time). ~ Toss a coiiin to your driver ~
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My Mickey D's still allows customers to come in an order at the counter, but the dining area is closed, so all meals have to be to-go. Grabbed a double-cheeseburger and some McNuggets today.

Comment

Lobby areas in McDonalds in NZ are still open, but we have similar setups to what was described above - trays and the like have been removed, all orders are given out in paper bags, staff have to wear clear plastic gloves when doing anything that may require contact with a customer. McCafe have removed their ceramic cups for dine-in orders, all coffees are being served in paper takeaway cups.
                      Violets are blue,
                      Roses are red,
                      I bequeath to thee...
                      A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Kia ora to you down there

A Taurangan in exile...
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                        X