This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any substitutes?

With my old Mac, I had used Wondershare to download and replay YouTube videos. I have added it to my new Mac, but it doesn't seem to work ...

Anybody got any suggestions for an alternate program, that will do the same thing?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Try ClipGrab.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thanks, will give it a shot.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I use a browser plug-in called SaveFrom.net Helper. It's available for the major browsers (ironically I don't know about Safari, as I never use it) and it adds a little button next to any and every YouTube link you find, as well as offering multiple options on the website itself - the main ones are all free to use, there's a couple of speciality options that require an external app but I've never found myself needing those particular versions, and worst case I have a load of conversion software I can use to get the same result anyway.

Here's a link to their site; click on Install at the top of the screen to get the browser plugin and just ignore everything else.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I just use https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com - this doesn't require any install at all. The only thing is I can't say what it looks like without adblock.
          Not y3k compatible

Comment

Working...
          X