This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first emergency

Ok so today I show up at my hotel at 7am as I usually do. 7:05am a guest calls down to inform me water is pouring out her light fixture. I go check. Indeed it is (this sounds scarier than it is...it's the actual light IN the shower so everything is sealed, it's basically just a leak not an electrocution hazard).

Ok now what? The maintenance guy doesn't show up until 8am, which is also when the manager is due in. The place is sold out so there are no vacant rooms I can move my guest to while we get this leak patched. I'm also the only person clocked in.

Fortunately I had a guest check out 5 minutes later, and since the housekeepers were arriving about that time, I asked if they could please do that room first. We got the guest with the leak moved and the leak got fixed, and I was told I did a good job. Woot.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Hopefully customer will sing your praises to management!

Comment

Nicely done. : D
      I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
      In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Working...
      X