This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer assumed I wrote down information regarding her car

One duty I am assigned to do at the 2 parking garages and parking lot I clean is to audit the parking lot for customers who do not pay for their parking.

My employer also has valet service at the parking lot, and several of the valet employees park their cars in the non-valet spots. So I have to ask them if there are any cars of theirs that are parked in those spots.

In order for me to audit the parking lot I have to print a report from the pay machine that states which parking spots are already paid for. This is for the non-valet parking spots. If a particular parking spot is not already paid for, I have to issue a parking violation.

This particular incident happened on Friday.

I print the report from the pay machine, and I ask one of the valet employees if their are any cars belonging to them that are parked in the non-valet spots. That valet employee and another valet employee show me which cars belong to them. I write down the parking spot numbers on the report that I printed out from the pay machine.

As I was auditing the lot, I hear "excuse me" from a female customer.

I turned around, and she says "I saw you writing something down behind my car. What where you writing down behind my car? You better not have given me a ticket." She was in her car.

Me: Okay...

The female customer repeats herself.

Me: I have not issued you anything today.

female customer: "oh.. ok... I was just checking."

She leaves.

It's smart to check, yeah, but being a dick about it?

That's like asking someone to give you a ticket. :/
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

I have had people come up to me and rather forcefully tell me "I better NOT tow them!" Well, okay, since you have a permit and everything, I won't..... why would I? But that usually only causes them to get angrier and make sure I understand, I will NOT being towing them!

Yeah, okay, but when the semester is over and the permits expired, guess who's going to get yanked first for that while everyone else gets a day's grace because I didn't "notice" those expired permits?

More flies with honey they say, and they're RIGHT.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
      X