Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on what you consider "your job"????

In addition to being a full time bringer/deliverer of cheesy goodness to the masses, I am a full time caretaker to my disabled GF. She has a progressive degenerative brain disease. At this time she can no longer care for herself ie. feed herself, walk, go to the bathroom, bathe, or perform most "normal" human functions, etc. She has to wear adult diapers. Sometimes she has small BMs Sometimes LARGE ones

Some times I can not get her to the commode fast enough thus I get poop to clean up. SO yes I have found poop at "work"
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      Some times I can not get her to the commode fast enough thus I get poop to clean up.
      When these things happen in the disabled bathroom, I'm usually 'meh' - yes it's not exactly pleasant to deal with, but I know that the person concerned probably can't help it.

What gives me the 'WTF?' face is when I find things in the other bathrooms, left by supposedly able-bodied, fully-functioning adults, such as the pile of poop resting neatly on a few sheets of TP, on top of the stainless steel TP holder.

I mean, seriously?
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

My worst poo story ever? Well, years ago, mid 90's to be exact, I was a member of my home County's volunteer search and rescue dive team. We got called out to a farm to assist the fire department finding the farmer. They knew approximately where he was, but wanted to spare the family the indignity of having him fished out with a grappel or pike pole.

Yours truly drew the short straw and got the dubious honor of going diving in a farm slurry tank.
        For those of you that don't know what a slurry tank is, well, it's a silo of liquified cow poo.

Thank goodness the team had just gotten a grant that spring for a HAZMAT qualified set of dive gear.

Comment

I actually have a story on this one.

I was working at the stadium for my local NFL team, and there was an event that was honoring a former player with an induction into our hall of fame. None of us are sure how it happened, but apparently someone had a rectal explosion, as there was stuff all over the toilet, floor and wall. We needed to get the special cleaning cart with the super cleaning fluid and vacuum attachment to clean it up, and needed masks to deal with the smell.
          Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Lifeguarding (first job) we'd deal with it from time to time. Haven't really had an issue since. Most of my jobs haven't involved cleaning duties, and I always worked at companies big enough to afford actual janitors (or cleaners for those across the pond) so none of those in my department ever got asked to do it.

Though I did deal with fecal matter when I did elder care. There were some nasty clean-ups of those who had lost their ability to toilet by themselves, but they didn't really bother me. I have a pretty strong stomach when I'm assisting a person who needs me, and can't help making a mess (plus I had the proper protective equipment...I hate getting gross on my hands but give me a glove and I'll pick up just about anything). Empathy and compassion (which are a weakness for me as much as a strength, but that's OT) seem to over-ride the "yuck" factor. Not that I love doing it, mind, but it's just another part of the job.
            Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 08-28-2015, 04:51 AM.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
            X