This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas everybody!

On the 24th day of July, the truck it gave to meeee....
    48 cases of Christmas ornaments.....

Seriously. We aren't unloading it until Sunday but they were on the manifest.

If anybody needs me, I'll be burning Santa in effigy.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Tell Bun-Bun where he's hiding.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Irv, a couple days ago someone asked if we had gotten any Christmas ornaments in yet.

So we cannot win, either people complain because we have things out "too early" or complain because we don't carry all our seasonal stuff all the time. I did make sure to mention that we carry Christmas fabric all year, but she wanted ornaments. Also I suggested jingle bells, because we also have those all the time, but again, she wanted pre-made ornaments. I stopped myself from suggesting the internet just in time.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        On the 24th day of July, the truck it gave to meeee....
        48 cases of Christmas ornaments.....

Seriously. We aren't unloading it until Sunday but they were on the manifest.

If anybody needs me, I'll be burning Santa in effigy.
        I'll help

Because it's just TOO. DAMN. EARLY!!!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm sorry. Last time I checked, it was mind-melting hot out, with no chance of snow anytime soon. Oh yeah, it's JULY. I like Christmas, but this is too soon! I thought it was bad I saw Halloween candy at the grocery store today! Wow!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            Irv, a couple days ago someone asked if we had gotten any Christmas ornaments in yet.
            probably because hallmark has them already.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Uhhh, I mean, we are producing stuff for christmas right now... our customers can order now, but we'll ship in September, earliest.
              No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Well...it is Christmas in July today....
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I was at Family Dollar the other day & they already have Thanksgiving stuff for sale!!

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                    I'm sorry. Last time I checked, it was mind-melting hot out, with no chance of snow anytime soon. Oh yeah, it's JULY. I like Christmas, but this is too soon! I thought it was bad I saw Halloween candy at the grocery store today! Wow!
                    In the southern hemisphere though Christmas is in fact in the middle of summer!

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                      I'm sorry. Last time I checked, it was mind-melting hot out, with no chance of snow anytime soon.
                      You want Christmas stuff to only hit the shelves when it's getting well on into the fall? Move to Australia!
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Today I printed a photo order for Christmas cards for a customer. I died a little inside. I didn't notice if they were picked up but if I was the one to ring them up I might have asked WHY??? Just WHY?????
                        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Some Aussies do a 'Christmas in July' thing, especially if they can go to the snowfields for it.

They put on all the snow-sentimental Christmas songs, like 'White Christmas' and 'Jingle Bells' and 'Let it Snow'. They have hot food, especially comfort soups and roasts and winter vegetables. And just do a winter-type Christmas, like the ones we see on TV and in the movies.

And some retail places have small (emphasis SMALL!) Christmas-in-July sections specifically for these folk.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Our local branch of Cartoon Network have a yearly "Xmas in November" campaign since they figure that kids will be fed up with Xmas specials on other channels during December.

On the other side, Nickelodeon has a yearly "Get Out And Play" day where they go off the air for 12 hours during the daytime.
                            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Jeezus, and they aren't calling for the trim a tree shit into our distribution network for a least another month....

Comment

Working...
                              X