Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking from a Northern hemisphere perspective, the only tree trimming stuff that belongs in stores now are things like loppers and pruning saws.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

If the person I did the Christmas cards for was doing a July celebration it's gonna be a big one. There were 80 cards in the order. Maybe she printed them early to get them addressed now.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Hallmark Club had their First Christmas Ornament shipment about a month ago.

I know, my mother dragged me along to help babysit. (I did get the USS Enterprise-C, an Ambassador-Class star ship ) I enjoy them, but I prefer to wait till October to buy Ornaments.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I guess that's an advantage of having this shop fairly close by http://www.kristmaskringle.com/ Frankly, the place weirds me out. Get dragged their often, mom loves the place. She's the type that likes ornaments so much that she puts up multiple trees. Themed trees, even.

Someone wants xmas stuff, they can go to the place that celebrates xmas 361 days a year(their words, lol).

Comment

You guys are just now getting your Christmas stuff? Seriously, it's late -- always said, when I worked at Random Craft Store, if something Christmas isn't in before the 4th of July it's considered late.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Oddly enough, the only Christmas stuff we have now is the quilting fabrics, which we have year-round. But we're getting Halloween stuff now.

Though to be fair, it's a little different in the fabric store business. It makes sense to put stuff out well ahead of schedule, because good Halloween costumes and Christmas gifts take a long time to plan and put together. Besides, I love the nifty fabrics we get for Halloween.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I remember last year, in August, going into Sam's Club to get some supplies for the store, and Christmas music was playing.

Yeah, several beers were in order hat night. The only time I want to hear Christmas music is Christmas day, when I'm driving to my sister's place, and I'm playing the South Park Christmas album on my iPod.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I knew this thread was coming soon.

Irv, you never disappoint my friend.

I'm sure sometime in the not too distant future corporate will be like: "Fuck it, let's just sell Christmas stuff year 'round."
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I just can't even. I don't even want to deal with Christmas in December.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                      Today I printed a photo order for Christmas cards for a customer. I died a little inside. I didn't notice if they were picked up but if I was the one to ring them up I might have asked WHY??? Just WHY?????
                      Actually, I can explain - my wife is a teacher and likes to get the cards done before the school year starts.

Of course, we wait until the end of august...
                      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

A friend of mine posted a "20 Weeks 'til Christmas" meme on Facebook. I wanted to poke her eyes out with last year's candy cane.

I was actually surprised to find my local Wally's had Halloween stuff out and no Christmas! My son was all, "Isn't it too early for Halloween?" No, son. It's not. What it's too early for is Christmas. This is usually when that gets put out too... >.<

Mind, having Christmas crafty stuff out now is fine, because some people like to plan ahead and take their time making their crafty stuff. But to have the rest of it out? NO. NO. And KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
                        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I've been seeing fall and Halloween candy out in different places around here, but thankfully no Christmas. I give it maybe a month before that changes, and it's on the shelves in all its glittery glory.
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Pretty sure I saw Hallowe'en candy at the grocery. I don't think we'll put ours out until the last week of August or first week of September.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Personally, I found that working for Wal-Mart at Christmastime was simply perfect . . . for exorcising my Christmas spirit.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X