This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being stupid enough to reply

I actually reply to text messages and voice mail from my boss. So when a situation like tonight pops up... guess who has to fill in for a call off.
    Yep. That's me.
    While everyone else is doing their best Sgt. Schultz impression.

I need to start turning my phone off like everyone else does.

Sgt. Schultz? Is that the "I know NOTHING" guy from Hogan's Heros?? I'm too young to know that show really but I watched a lot of it one summer on TV Land. Good show.

Comment

Quoth PastryGal View Post
      Sgt. Schultz? Is that the "I know NOTHING" guy from Hogan's Heros??
      Yes, that's him.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I was that way too, for many, many years. Now? Phone gets shut off on my weekends off, most times. Days off, I was told I can't do that. Forgive me for trying to have a respite from my job one day a week! The nerve of me!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
          I was that way too, for many, many years. Now? Phone gets shut off on my weekends off, most times. Days off, I was told I can't do that. Forgive me for trying to have a respite from my job one day a week! The nerve of me!
          OH really? unless they PAY for said phone, and having it on is a job requirement, i think not.

I used to answer when my PT job would call, then get flustered when asked if I could work extra. I stopped doing that, and if they left a message, it would give me time to formulate a response of "i'm sorry, i have plans, i can't work that day"

Comment

I had a discussion with a coworker about this. Put simply there is a REASON I don't have a cell phone and it boils down to if I want time for myself the last thing I want is being pestered to pull emergency sites.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Meh. Tell him you'd be happy to make sure you are available to take a phone call on your days off as long as he pays you for being "on call". I'm pretty sure there are laws about that anyway.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

We were up all night working a double shift the day before. If I hadn't come in he would have pulled a second double so I was a nice guy.

Comment

This is the reason why I have told my co-workers NO ONE outside of my roommate and the family that lives close by, gets my current cell phone number. And also why I have two, and only two, contact numbers: the landline and, for emergencies, 911. I will not give any kind of other contact number or any other way to reach me, if my work can not reach me at home then it's tough luck.

I have also told the roommate that if my work calls when I'm not at home and she answers, she is told to tell them that I have non-negotiable plans with family that will take the entire day. I figure by now they take it as "Kaeli is not coming in, NEXT!".
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I know some people where I used to work would have a certain ringtone for work and if they called would just ignore it. We have an answering machine for our landline at home and I would just listen to the message and decide if I really wanted to work or not.
                    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I didn't even get out of bed this morning.
                      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                        I find that the signal around where I live is very unreliable. Sometimes a text won't reach me for hours and hours, until it's far too late to do anything about it
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                          This is the reason why I have told my co-workers NO ONE outside of my roommate and the family that lives close by, gets my current cell phone number. And also why I have two, and only two, contact numbers: the landline and, for emergencies, 911. I will not give any kind of other contact number or any other way to reach me, if my work can not reach me at home then it's tough luck.

I have also told the roommate that if my work calls when I'm not at home and she answers, she is told to tell them that I have non-negotiable plans with family that will take the entire day. I figure by now they take it as "Kaeli is not coming in, NEXT!".
                          I usually use some variation of that like "you motherf*ckers know i live almost an hour drive away, one way, and you are calling me in. this better be worth my time and gas, or i'm not coming in"

stopped being called in on sundays, thank god
                          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

I screen all my calls. It doesn't work to block my employer's phone number because the managers are known to call from their personal cell phones.

If I decide to go in, I can just call them back.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                              I know some people where I used to work would have a certain ringtone for work and if they called would just ignore it.
                              My phone is set up exactly like this. All the managers have my personal cell # but they all have a ringtone specifically for them.

the Imperial March from star wars
                              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
                              X