This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Interruptus at group interview

SO my paycheck at Hellton isn't barely covering my rent so I decided to pull up my socks and give delivering another try for extra $$$. So far it's been alright, they called me back for a group interview. The bad thing was that I signed up to be a bike deliverer, but it turns out that they're not really looking for that. SO WHY PUT IT UP ON THE WEBSITE????
    SO my poor car has to be fixed up. Ughhhh...another $300. Oh well.
    But this post is not about that. I went to the group interview, and it wasn't in a public place so I made sure that I told someone the address. You never know right? Well anyway there was that weird guy hanging around when I rang the door, and he looked at me when I entered. Turns out that he was the other interviewee! Ok then.
    SO we both go into the house and the guy introduces himself and starts blathering about the company, and what you're supposed to do. Or at least he TRIED and TRIED to blather about it--but the other interviewee kept CONSTANTLY INTERRUPTING HIM! OMG! The poor guy couldn't get out a sentence without this weirdo interrupting him and peppering him with questions. And he had a very thick accent, so he would ask "What restuarant if haz food and so? Wat?" and me and the interviewer would just stare at one another like, "WTH is he saying?!!"
    Now I don't mean to make fun of his accent or anything, but jeez let the interviewer speak!! Call me the weird one, but I find it very rude to interrupt someone when they're trying to talk. With him getting constantly interrupted, it was hard to follow along. SO finally after hours of this (the interview was only supposed to be 1 hr) the interviewer tells him to hold his questions for a while and gives us two a quiz to make sure that we understood the info. It was pretty straightforward material, and I finished quickly or else I would've been lost. Mr Kooky over there just stared at the quiz and was completely confused by it! That's right, he didn't read English! How's he supposed to read the food orders I don't know.
    SO the poor interviewer had to sit down and explain each quiz question to him, and he took pity on me and asked another girl to help me get set up so I could leave. She did and I was out of there.
    I'm sure I'll have a lot of customer stories from this job. I've delivered before, and it was all right. The customers didn't bothering me, but the managers sure did :\
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Can you write? You can make a lot of money doing articles for blogs on Interact Media. They're basically a service that connects people who need blog content with people who can write it. You can do it from anywhere you have net access and you don't have to fix up your car. I like it.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I like to write, my dream is to become a famous novelist
      But I also like to travel, so.
      And I'm trying to get away from the computer, I spend too much time on it
      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
      X