...Really, I'm good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Really, I'm good.

A few weeks ago, I got ambushed on my way to break by a customer who expressed great concern at what I was eating (fairly good frozen mac-n-cheese and a banana). She would not let me check out until I got something that was 'healthier'...turned out I did get a salad, but only because by the time I cashed out half my break was gone and I didn't have time to microwave anything. Breaks start when CDH tells you to go, not when you actually get to the breakroom.

I saw her yesterday when I was on register and she held up the line for a few minutes grilling me about my food situation, revealing that she had extra SNAP and wanted to give it away but couldn't, etc... I'm fairly certain that there is something in the employee handbook about accepting food from customers. She started giving me tips about making food ahead of time and bringing it to work (you wouldn't be saying that if you saw our breakroom fridge).

She also equates my typical efficiency mode with 'anxiety'....um, ok. So I'm 'anxious' because when there's a long line I just want to get people through quickly

This is a weird one, to be sure.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Is it possible for you to cut in with "Thank you, ma'am" and then call the next customer forward and simply ignore her from then on?

The bit about the break lecture was bad enough, but do NOT hold up the damn lined, when other customers just want to get their goods paid for and go home!
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

If nothing else try to get her whole name and then file a restraining order.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        She would not let me check out until I got something that was 'healthier'...turned out I did get a salad, but only because by the time I cashed out half my break was gone and I didn't have time to microwave anything.
        "Thank you ever so much for your concern, but you just cost me half of my break, so please forgive me for running away from you!" Your diet is none of Nosy Nellie's business. In truth, she doesn't really care; she just wants to look like a saint for "caring about others". Not only did she screw you out of half your break, she also held up the other customers in line. Who then, of course, blame you.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"Hey lady, none of your fucking business what I eat."

Comment

I got rid of her when my bagger came over to help with the next customer...seems she didn't want an audience. There's caring about others, and there's whatever that is--mom thinks she's fixated on me because I'm naturally tall and unusually skinny for my age. I haven't seen her the last couple days, I seriously hope she's not a regular...
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
            X