X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day...

Let's see, my day:

(Events happened in order)

- Get yelled at by a bunch of seniors because I was not aware of the special summer-league rate they get. (This took two seconds to resolve).

- Get yelled at by the SAME group of seniors for temporarily turning their lanes off (for about 10 seconds), in order to resolves a problem that THEY caused.

- Get yelled at again because THEY screwed up (again) and the format on the score-screen was all messed up. (Even though these games didn't count, and that particular score didn't matter at all).

- Had a field trip consisting of 104 fifth graders from a local school come through the door. (We knew they were coming, but it still sucks )
    (BONUS: While we did put them on the opposite side of the building from the seniors, they came in from the wrong entrance and ended up not only standing directly behind the seniors for a couple minutes, but CHEERED THEM ON every time they got a strike. It was amazing... especially since the seniors like for it to be QUIET, and don't want to be anywhere near kids).

- Had a guy yell incoherently at the top of his lungs directly in my face, three times... Now, I don't blame him, because he was with a special ed group.... but still, that hurt my ears.

- This same group then took the next 20 minutes of my time because they all pay individually, but get a special price, but the only way for me to ring them up is by manually inputting the price each and every time. If they paid together, the whole thing would have only taken about 15 seconds.

- Got so dead in the mid afternoon that I was trying not to fall asleep on my feet. Seriously, I nearly dosed off while standing upright.

- Get told that the guy who was suppose to relieve me today is going to be 15 minutes late... which usually isn't a big deal... except...

We had a HUGE group scheduled to come in RIGHT as I was suppose to leave... which means him being 15 minutes late causes me to get ambushed by this group... which consisted of at least 200 people and took up 21 lanes.
    (It was a Father/Daughter bowling event).

Worst part... they were not organized in the least. All of the arrangements were set up through us so we could get them setup, but the people who were actually SHOWING UP for the event, we're not told ANYTHING about how it was going to work.

We ended up getting yelled at so much by these people, and the only thing we could tell them was "Go talk to that lady over there (the one who actually scheduled the thing), she is in charge of setting all of this up for you and will have any information you need."

I was suppose to get out at 6pm but didn't get out until close to 6:45. Mainly because that by the time my relief showed up, I knew more about what was going on than he did, and I had to stay to help calm the masses and explain to him exactly what the hell was going on.
    Last edited by Lingering Grin; 05-09-2008, 11:50 PM.
    <Insert clever signature here>

And I thought I had sucky days. Yours are actually worse then mine!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
    X