Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tale of Subway(sandwich shop) Douchebaggery.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JenCdn View Post
    I'm a Subway Manager in Canada and we're not running the $5 special. However, I knew of it coming up back in January.
    Where the heck were the managers of these stores when I first heard the announcement of this special? Why on earth don't they have enough product and staff in their stores? They've certainly had enough time to plan for it and get proper stafffing.

I agree, that particular customer was a jerk/douchebag like specimen, whatever. But I think your anger would be better directed at your Manager/Franchisee.
    At the very least, if the staff are that stressed out from this sale, the Seniors in the business should be handling the stress on the line, right along side their crew!
    Sorry to resurrect an older thread.

I work in a Subway and we've been running out of stuff pretty much every Tuesday, sometimes every Monday (we get a weekly shipment in on Wednesdays.) Our manager ordered enough in the first week for a *double* in business. The communication we got from corporate Subway suggested we might see at maximum a 50% increase in our business. In unit sales, our business tripled with the introduction of this special.

On Wednesdays, we're getting so much product in that our walk-in freezer has stacks of frozen bread sticks to the very top of the ceiling, our store literally cannot hold more product, period. Unless we buy and install a new freezer we could not store more product--that's obviously not a reasonable thing to do for a month-long special.

While I hold some pretty low opinions of the franchisee, the manager has done everything he can and we're still running out.

Comment

Ok, you got me. Good point that stores only have so much storage space.
      I honestly didn't think of that.
      We get two deliveries a week. Colour me spoiled.
      My apologies

Comment

im sorry, but i dont want to side with anybody, but you could of handled this better. instead of just ASSUMING what he wanted you could of asked to clarify.... that's what i would of done. i know that having bad days with your personal life can ruin work, but hell dont let it take the best of you

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
          So just to make sure, I went ahead and asked him if it was really honey oat that he wanted for his bread. He replies in an assholelish way saying "I wanted IT-AL-IAN!"
          Not to be a nitpicker, but she did ask

Comment

Working...
          X