Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The no breaks thing is standard here, too.

As is changing the dates on the bains.

For someone to be arrested, they have to be reported to the police.

A long time ago, some of us actually did report him to the FTC, but nothing was ever done. The Feds referred us to our local state office, who said they would look into it and never did anything.

I imagine if I filed a lawsuit against him, it would get things out in the open and stuff might start happening--but would that really result in less trouble for me, or more?

I'd be out of a job in that situation.

Comment

Well, it depends on what's happening.

You might want to look into your state's labor laws to see what specific labor laws are being violated and what the reparations are. There are quite a few laws that end up with the employee getting money owed them, especially in cases of unpaid overtime.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth JenCdn View Post
        Olives and pickles are expensive. But I always figure that for all the customers who don't get them, the 1 of 5 that do ask for extra aren't hurting our food costs any.
        That thought has occured to me.

I should've mentioned it myself.

And, in case anyone is interested, you can have my share of all veggies except for lettuce...well, you can have SOME, I don't like a lot, onions and tomatoes.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

To Mazthoril and TheTigress,

If either of you are ever looking for work in Ontario, I'd hire you!
          I pay overtime (constantly getting in crap for it!).
          No one in my store makes min. wage...they're all above.
          We're an equal opportunity employer - we hire based on suitability for the job, not colour.
          I'd never harass a female employee - I'm straight!
          Wage reviews every 6-12 months.
          Never charge extra for veggies.

The only thing I'm close to with your employers is that I change the delivery method of final paycheques from direct deposit to cheque form. They get delivered to the store in time for payday and I have one last chance to ASK for the uniform back. But the employee gets the paycheque on time regardless.

One other bonus, I work for a "Master" Franchise. We own about 63 stores, which gives all our employees opportunity for advancement beyond the store... real career opportunities.

I hate when I hear about crappy franchise owners. I used to work for one that was guilty of alot of the same things as both of your employers. Now my site kick's his in the butt where sales are concerned.

It just goes to prove, if you don't have well treated/happy employees, it shows.

Comment

Quoth Mazthoril View Post
            But it sounds like you are just expecting them to mind-read and realize you want extra olives. It may shock you, but "money's worth" aside (god forbid that $4-5 doesn't net you every penny's worth you think it should), we can't read minds.
            Are you kidding me? I didn't realize I had to go into explicit detail, on this site especially. I own my own business and work 11 and 12 hour days dealing with people in a retail setting, never mind the years we owned our own restaurant. YES. I have asked AND been told they are only allowed to put on the few that they give. I understand food costs which is why it frustrates the hell out of me that they think 5 or 6 slices of olive and 3 pickle slices with NO OTHER VEGETABLES does not warrant a few extra olives. It's not like I'm asking for extra tomatoes, which is much more expensive.

Did you honestly think I didn't ask? That I just expect people to "read my mind"? Unbelievable.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
            ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
              Are you kidding me? I didn't realize I had to go into explicit detail, on this site especially. I own my own business and work 11 and 12 hour days dealing with people in a retail setting, never mind the years we owned our own restaurant. YES. I have asked AND been told they are only allowed to put on the few that they give. I understand food costs which is why it frustrates the hell out of me that they think 5 or 6 slices of olive and 3 pickle slices with NO OTHER VEGETABLES does not warrant a few extra olives. It's not like I'm asking for extra tomatoes, which is much more expensive.

Did you honestly think I didn't ask? That I just expect people to "read my mind"? Unbelievable.
              No, I said "if" you didn't ask. I was giving two possible explanations for two possible scenarios (one in which you didn't ask for extra veggies, and one in which you do.)

If you'd like, you should file a complaint with corporate Subway, it will eventually filter back to the franchisee in question's development agent.

Comment

We've had to delete a few posts because of bickering. I don't see it getting better.

Thread closed.
                Last edited by Boozy; 05-09-2008, 09:38 PM.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                X