X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suck cups and enemas

Okay, maybe the title will be better than the post. But

So what, pray tell, is a suck cup?

Answer: What me and a couple coworkers have taken to calling those drinking cups with a lid that has a cap similar to the kind you'd find on a bottle of dishwashing liquid. You kinda have to suck on them to get the liquid from the cup into your mouth.

We just thought it was funny. Feel free to steal or permanently borrow as you wish.

Refreshing open about her bodily disfunctions

While I was stocking HBA repacks I encountered this little gem:

Older lady: Are you in charge of this entire section here, or....
    Me: What do you need?
    OL: I need an enema. Do you have any?
    Me: Sure, they're over here. (walks her to the enemas)

I dunno about anybody else here, but if I'm that blocked up I'm going to hunt down the laxatives or enemas my damn self. Just so that as few people as possible have to know that the plumbing has a blockage.

One of many banes of my existence

Hot Wheels collectors.

There's this one guy who's almost always one of the first people in the store. He collects Hot Wheels cars. If we haven't finished stocking toys when he makes his first go-round, he'll drop by again later.

Today, I was working in toys, stocking Hot Wheels cars (wouldn'tcha know it!) when I feel a warm wind blowing on me. I look up, and here's Hot Wheels Guy right in my grill. We're talking serious violation of personal space here, not to mention serious ass breath. I just got the hell out of his way and let him paw through the peghook of newly stocked Hot Wheels.

There used to be two other guys with same obsession fetish hobby. Sometimes they'd end up fighting amongst themselves for the more desirable cars. Quite entertaining. If they were feeling particularly fiendish, though, they'd descend on the newbies and ask them to bring down a box of Hot Wheels from backstock for them to root through and assure them the manager said it was okay. Even though it wasn't, so from now on we make a point to tell new employees "If this sketchy-looking guy with a big white beard asks you to bring down a box of Hot Wheels cars for him, don't do it. Tell him we're out instead."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

For a second, from the title, I thought you were going to talk about a new diet fad.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      I dunno about anybody else here, but if I'm that blocked up I'm going to hunt down the laxatives or enemas my damn self. Just so that as few people as possible have to know that the plumbing has a blockage.]
      My grandmother definitely overshares her body functions with me on a regular basis. Kind of like this:

Me: How are you, Grandma?
      Her: Oh, pretty good, although something I had for dinner had me running to the bathroom. I had it out of both ends!

Maybe some elderly people figure that, at this point in their lives, they don't care what other people think!
      "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth StarSong View Post
        My grandmother definitely overshares her body functions with me on a regular basis. Kind of like this:

Me: How are you, Grandma?
        Her: Oh, pretty good, although something I had for dinner had me running to the bathroom. I had it out of both ends!

Maybe some elderly people figure that, at this point in their lives, they don't care what other people think!

Well considering we've had an example or two including this one, you might be onto something.

IPF's story is nothing like one I got a few months back. A woman came up to me and another associate and asked where the girlie medicine was. We told her and then she proceeded to tell us about a boil down south her doctor lanced. It was way past TMI. The woman seriously went on describing everything in detail.
        Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
          We told her and then she proceeded to tell us about a boil down south her doctor lanced. It was way past TMI.
          I definitely just shuddered in revulsion when I read that. Why can't people just keep their health issues to themselves?!
          "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I hate to admit it, but I collect a few items. Mostly Transformers, and a few interesting figures (No, not THAT kind of 'interesting'!). Nothing in-depth, just some of the stuff I think is neat.

Feeding my inner man-child, I guess

I try to keep myself from being obnoxious about it (Best way is to have other interests! And having kissed a girl at least once in your life helps) But I've heard horror stories about Hot Wheels collectors, descending upon hapless toy stores, shoving kids out of the way, outright STEALING collectable cars from out of a kid's hands, digging into boxes left on the floor, trying to sneak into the stock room, etc.

I know any collector of anything can be bad, but I've heard Hot Wheels collectors are the worst.

Poor little cars probably never get released from their cardboard and plastic prisons, either.
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

When you have people packing cement into their rectum nothing suprises me these days (probably not best viewed at work, however is dry medical prose) http://www.well.com/~cynsa/cement.html
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                When you have people packing cement into their rectum nothing suprises me these days (probably not best viewed at work, however is dry medical prose) http://www.well.com/~cynsa/cement.html
                That's just...wow. I've never heard of somone using concrete sober. (yeah, I wander med sites sometimes. Doctors/Med students are entertaining when they let loose) And the worst thing? Now I'm wondering what the hell the ping-pong ball was all about. It was obviously part of what they were doing.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

We had a hot wheels lady. She was nice enough, but she was in the store constantly, and she always asked if we had more in the back.

"Yes, we do, but you've already pawed through them. I guess I can go get them if you want to do so again, but there's not going to be anything new."

No, I didn't ever actually say that. She was just annoying, not sucky.
                  Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

There was a summer my father was out of work and my mother decided to go into her work to work instead of staying at home like she usually did (at home telemarketer with a local office). My dad would take her to work in the mornings then me, him, and my younger brother would hit the local toy stores and race all the old men to the action figures. It was great fun for a 8 year old.
                    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Working...
                    X