Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

What are you watching or playing?
Old 04-14-2020, 02:37 AM
Assistant Manager

Default What are you watching or playing?

In the same line as the "What are you reading" thread, I thought this would be a good way to share what we're all watching (either on TV or streaming) or if you're a gamer, what games you're playing.

My current lineup for both is:

Games:

- Ark: Survival Evolved (basically, you're stranded on an artificial floating island and need to learn to tame dinosaurs and build structures to survive. It's a lot of fun, plus you get to fly and ride on dinosaurs, how cool is that? )

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons

- Doraemon Story of Seasons (Harvest Moon crossing over with Doraemon)

TV:

- Forged in Fire (basically Chopped with blacksmiths. VERY worth watching if you prefer more wholesome reality TV without the fighting)

- Masterchef Australia (current season is essentially an all-stars one, my partner knows someone who's in the current season)

- Lego Masters Australia (self-explanatory, teams of 2 competing to see who's the best Lego builder in Australia. Also really wholesome TV)

- RuPauls Drag Race Season 12 and it's UK counterpart (I'm loving the UK one )

- Kirby: Right Back At Ya

Old 04-14-2020, 02:45 AM
Killer Queen

With four people home all the time and one TV, I've been watching even less TV than usual. But I have played Animal Crossing! I've played all the games and this one is really fun.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:47 AM
Chairman of the Board

I'm on my 5th play though of Fallout 4.

I am presently doing a jigsaw puzzle, 500 pieces. I three more puzzles featuring Japanese castles on the way to me.

I watched Jumanji The Next Level last night. My next movie might be Murder He Says, a 1945 comedy.

Old 04-14-2020, 12:43 PM
Professional Geek

Watching:

I just binged watched Star Trek: Discovery.. Going to work on Picard next.

Playing:

In the Virtual world:

iRacing, with GTA online and American Truck Sim tossed in there when I'm not racing.

In the 'tabletop' RPG World:

We just wrapped up an opening adventure for a Savage Worlds Campaign. This week, we are going to go back to our D&D 5th Ed campaign set in Tal'Dorei. Because of the stay at home orders/social distancing/etc, we moved to roll20 for the time being.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:50 PM
Bagger

Not playing any games...well..that's a lie..Pokemon Go (the Pokemon have started showing up in my yard so I don't have to move LOL!) and Candy Crush of course.

Watching:

-All things Tiger King

-YouTubing Mitch Laurence storyline from One Life to Live

-YouTubing Marlena's possession from Days

Old 04-14-2020, 06:48 PM
Assistant Manager

I'm playing a lot of City of Heroes: Homecoming. It's old, but it's still soo much fun.

As for what I'm watching, I'm watching all different kinds of youtubers that I never tried before. I have time now so I'm seeing what I can find. So far nothing I'm likely to stick with when all this returns to normal.

Old 04-15-2020, 12:50 AM
Just Peachy

I've been playing Empires and Puzzles on my phone for a while now, it gives me something to do while I'm not at the desktop. Plus I randomly play Pokemon Go once in a while, maybe a few games of solitaire.

As for watching, I've been keeping up with the last season of The Clone Wars and been watching different movies on Disney+.

Old 04-15-2020, 02:39 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Watching:

Music, my preferred news/pundits, and random shit on Youtube

I would be watching Netflix, but my computer somehow lost the password (even tho I use PW manager), it's a shared account with my family, and they don't remember it and don't wanna reset it x.x

Playing:

Civilization VI (4X game)

Flinthook (fun pirate-themed roguelike action/platformer, good sense of humor and well-paced music)

KeeperRL (think "Dungeon Keeper" as a roguelike)

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (really well-done SotN clone; currently in Early Access, but I like what I see so far)

Playing once they're available:

Phantasy Star Online II for PC (MMO, late May)

XCOM: Chimera Squad (smaller-scale spinoff of the tactical combat series, due out in a couple weeks)

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 04-15-2020, 04:16 PM
Asura Mesmer

Games:

Gems of War, a casual match 3 game that also has mechanics for leveling up troops and weapons

I've got some vacation next week, and I want to make time to play some more of Persona 5. I haven't finished it yet.

In TTRPG, my partner is running an online game (on Roll20) based on an old module called the Drow War. But they're heavily modifying it to make it better, so it only has a passing resemblance to the original module.

Shows:

Season 7 of Star Wars: the Clone Wars. Squeeing every week over new Ahsoka content.

Pokemon anime. We're going through some old seasons and movies. Yeah, it's designed for kids, but every so often it catches us by surprise and makes us tear up.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:48 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Watching:
\
Playing:

Civilization VI (4X game)
I love the Civ games. I haven't played Civ VI yet, but my partner has and I've listened to the soundtrack. I've heard the Australian "Ancient Theme" be described as the most haunting rendition of "waltzing matilda" ever.

Quote:
Quoth Ghel View Post
Games:
In TTRPG, my partner is running an online game (on Roll20) based on an old module called the Drow War. But they're heavily modifying it to make it better, so it only has a passing resemblance to the original module.

Pokemon anime. We're going through some old seasons and movies. Yeah, it's designed for kids, but every so often it catches us by surprise and makes us tear up.
My D&D group started with a custom module that involved a Magic the Gathering setting, but then we moved to Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. It's now become partially "Dungeon of the Mad Mage" as well . Luckily we'd been using Roll20 and D&D Beyond beforehand, so when Covid hit, it was really easy for us to switch over to online.

as for the anime, it's still worth watching. X&Y are probably my favourite seasons, as well as Sun & Moon.