Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Killer Queen

50% off Xmas stuff at Meijer. Got two rolls of Star Wars paper for next year. The nice people will get the Rebel paper, naughty people get the First Order paper.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:47 AM
Store Manager

True story, my hand to God.

Funny thing happened while grocery shopping today. In a supermarket, in the produce section, there's two groups of parents standing and talking, while most of their kids wait patiently... but one child (boy about 8) is bored, babbling, interrupting, weaving in and out of the adults, making noise, etc. He stops and claps his hands together twice really loudly...

And the lights shut off.

And I look at the kid and in my best Adam Sandler voice I say "Why? Why would you do that?"

The power cuts back in about 30 seconds later (well, the lights did, but the computer running the tills crashed and took about an hour to get back to running).

For the rest of the time in that store, you could hear that kid clapping his hands together, trying to get the lights off again.
Savage '52-'11 Misawa '62-'09 Naniwa '77-'10 Ox Baker '34-'14 Rhodes '45-'15 Piper '54-'15 Bockwinkel '34-'15 Hayabusa '68-'16 Chyna '70-'16 Mr. Fuji '34-'16 Animal '37-'17 Uncle Ivan '42-'17 Heenan '44-'17

Old 01-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
For the rest of the time in that store, you could hear that kid clapping his hands together, trying to get the lights off again.
"OK, guys, who wants to explain why there's a clapper switch on the main circuit breakers?"

Old 01-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
"OK, guys, who wants to explain why there's a clapper switch on the main circuit breakers?"
It's a good thing that device wasn't called "The Jacker..."

Old 01-09-2018, 12:28 AM
Philosophical Tomato

Quote:
Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
That would be an epic last-day prank.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:48 AM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Dammit that black top is good
and makes her tits look huge...

And this is what I notice when I've been working from 8 in the morning-11 or 12 at night.Two more days to go and who knows what I'll be noticing by then..

Old 01-13-2018, 04:53 PM
Killer Queen

I published a story on a site last month and this week readers were voting for their favorite. I'll never catch first place but another author and I are battling it out for second place. He's currently ahead by three votes! Oh well, there's still two days to go.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:25 AM
Escapee

So I follow the local emergency services scanner twitter and it reported there was a stabbing really close to where I live. Not in the complex, but just a couple houses away. We don't really have blocks out here but if we did it would be one block over.

I'm just sitting here listening to all the sirens hoping it was a domestic and not a random stabbing. The post didn't say details. So many sirens.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:25 AM
Unsteady as she goes

Just today it dawned on me that I've been letting co-workers' expectations of me determine how I dress for work, how I wear my hair, etc. I felt like I had to live up to the "me" they all knew, and not deviate from that image. And now that I don't work there anymore, I don't have to care what they think.

Not that I ever really had to; but you fall into habits and routines, you know? And that's done.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:51 AM
Philosophical Tomato

So I've had a big bright blue streak in my hair for ~3 days now, and so far the only people to notice have been my immediate coworkers (J's only comment was "I was wondering when you'd finally do that" and one of my junior CWs thinks it's awesome).

Yup, mom can see a hair out of place from across the room, but not notice this...? Maybe I should do my whole head next time and see what the reaction is (this stuff washes out after a few shampoos).