Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Old 01-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
We have to go to a wedding in June and also the rehearsal dinner. How does this look for a rehearsal dinner dress? Be honest. I like the mismatched top and skirt but is it too weird-looking?

https://www.zulily.com/p/magenta-ivo...omEvent=408752
I think it looks cute, but I'm a guy so what do I know.

Mrs. IA, on the other hand, says it looks like a French street mime who stole the bottom of a ball gown.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:31 AM
Killer Queen

Watching the Starlink deployment from SpaceX and Husband explains how the rockets are reusable.

Husband: They return to Earth and Musk has an array of drone ships to pick them up. The ships are named after ships from Iain Banks' Culture series.

Me: Oh my God, he's such a fucking nerd.

Husband: You read those, right?

Me:Every single one.

Old 01-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

If whilst we're working in the back room and can't see you,we can actually detect that you've entered the store purely by your odour alone it's time to do something about it....

Old 01-08-2020, 10:10 PM
Chairman of the Board

Is this person muttering things like "Buggerit!" and "Millennium hand and shrimp" ... ?

Old 01-13-2020, 06:40 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Posted this on Facebook, but what the heck, I'll re-post it here.

Was chatting with a coworker the other day, and somehow I ended up discussing the Rashomon-style story structure. You've probably seen a TV episode or movie or read a book where this kind of narrative structure was used.

Well, as I was talking to CW about it, I got to musing aloud about how you could do a TV series using it, specifically structuring it like an after-action debrief/investigation. Like, there was a terror attack or high-profile assassination/murder or perhaps even a big-time heist, and the main characters are the investigators trying to piece together everything that led up to the event, with each episode serving as a POV episode for one of the witnesses/suspects/victims/whatever. Each episode would explore the backstory/motives/personality of the various characters, show the event from their perspective, but with notable bias or skewing. It wouldn't be until the finale that the "real version" of the event is finally shown, with the culprit(s) being revealed.

I tried looking online, and I didn't see any specific TV series that seem to use the Rashomon-style narrative structure for the series as a whole, only for one-off episodes. I know Lost did something like it for the flashbacks, since sometimes we'd see the same event from different perspectives, but it didn't happen too often.

I just think that this would be an interesting way to do a series. I'd picture it being like American Horror Story, an anthology series, with each season focusing on a different, probably-unrelated event/crime. The investigators would probably be the only recurring characters through the series, but if the events across seasons turn out to be connected, then recurring witnesses/suspects could be a thing.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 01-14-2020, 07:15 AM
Area Manager

I would very definitely watch that show.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:59 AM
Assistant Manager

So my partner and I use a carsharing scheme for the moments when we need a car (generally re-enactment meetings and events - one of the benefits is that they have different size cars available, so we can use a small car for re-enactment meets and a van for events to transport the gear).

Well, it turns out our neighbours 3-year-old kid has associated the carsharing companies logo with us. Whenever she sees it, she'll yell out excitedly "Look, it's Lady and SO's car!" This is even if the car is a different make/model.

Old 01-20-2020, 01:26 AM
Computer Tech

On FaceBook, a teacher friend of mine posted that she was glad that tomorrow is a day off and that she gets to stay in bed late. I almost posted, "The mailman and I are right there with you."

It's probably a good thing I didn't post that.

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Old 01-20-2020, 01:56 AM
Killer Queen

Just remembered how in 8th grade we had to write a fiction story. I wrote about a man who murdered his shrewish wife. Shortly after the stable where he worked got a new horse. The horse hated him and constantly tried to hurt him. The man hated the horse too but couldn't seem to stay away from it. Eventually he accidentally got locked in its stall and the horse trampled him to death and in the morning his bloody remains were found among the straw. At the end it was revealed the horse and his murdered wife HAD THE SAME NAME 😮

If you said I read a lot of Poe around the ages of 12-13, you would be correct.

Old 01-20-2020, 09:51 PM
Chairman of the Board

One of the things I accomplished today was emptying out a box of (mostly) random papers that's been sitting on my floor for who knows how long ... buried under a pile of other stuff.

One of the things I unearthed from the box was ... a flattened cigarette pack, formerly holding 25 Matinée cigarettes.

I don't smoke and never have. I have no clue why it ended up in that box. In terms of mementos of my mother, I'd rather have photographs ....