This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
    Dunno, I find them crunchy. :-) The hard candy also lasts longer under harsh conditions... like sitting in the glove compartment of my car.
    Not to mention the extra fiber you get when the paper wrapper becomes glued to the candy and you can't get all of it off. Which usually happens to me with individually wrapped cough drops.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Not to mention the extra fiber you get when the paper wrapper becomes glued to the candy and you can't get all of it off.
      Yup, but they sell Life Savers in baggies full of individual plastic pouches now, which is perfect for my use.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
        When your blood sugar is high, exercise might help a little bit. But really, you have to sit around and wait for your insulin to kick in. There isn't a good way to force blood glucose down quickly except for fast-acting insulin, which you must take with a meal or you will crash (meaning you will go too low).

*mod snip*
        Totally EXCELLENT descriptions, Kristev. I've been diabetic for 25 years now, but one thing you didn't mention - high blood sugar over a long period of time also causes a hair-trigger temper. I nearly got fired from a job because of that, once. Shortly after that temper tantrum, I ended up in the hospital, and on insulin. Nowadays I'm a lot more stable.
        Last edited by EricKei; 05-18-2019, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
          Dunno, I find them crunchy. :-) The hard candy also lasts longer under harsh conditions... like sitting in the glove compartment of my car.
          I find it best for me to keep a candy in my purse, but it has to be a candy that I don't like enough to want to eat it unless I need it.
          Hard to explain, but it works for me.

Comment

My late mum used to keep a bottle of Lucozade in her handbag. She couldn't swallow anything solid if she got bad, but liquid would go down, and the glucose helped enough for her to be able to eat something more appropriate.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Ladyjaneinmd, I never knew that. But it does explain a lot.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
              X