X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidnapping at the Airport

This story happened to my mom.

My mom has bad knees, so when she flies, she gets a wheelchair for the airport and has the airport personnel wheel her around. She was flying on a certain airline that seats passengers by boarding order rather than using assigned seating. Part of their policy is that if you have mobility issues, you get boarded early (along with up to 1 companion).

This particular day, my mom was flying by herself, and she'd parked herself near a group of gates to wait for her flight to be ready to board. Another flight at a neighboring gate starts boarding, and suddenly a lady (NOT airport personnel) comes up and starts trying to push my mom's wheelchair towards that gate, pretending that she knows my mom so that she could get early boarding as a companion flyer.

Fortunately my mom had the brakes on her wheelchair, and when she was able to say that that wasn't her flight, the lady ran off and disappeared.

Holy crap, that's terrifying.

Comment

Did... did the stranger assume that your mother's boarding pass wouldn't get checked or something? That's just ridiculous behaviour!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

WTF? OMG

10char
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
          Did... did the stranger assume that your mother's boarding pass wouldn't get checked or something?
          Probably had no concept that people waiting in that area might be there for a different flight.

Comment

Working...
          X