This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rise of Skywalker" Rey question...

DON'T read the invisible text below unless you've seen the movie or want spoilers!

Invisible text below...

Question: Is Rey a "grey Jedi"? She has exhibited the ability to use force lightning, which to my understanding is something that only Sith use. Someone also posited that in the RGB scheme, that yellow is a combination of Red and Green, meaning that she's got a "combination" light saber. Another theory is that her saber is yellow because she's now a Jedi sentinel, and they all have yellow sabers...

And what do you think of her being "Rey Skywalker" after finding out Palpatine is her grandfather?

End Text.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Some say that your true family is the one you choose...

As for the ability in question -- At least when it was still canon, the d6-based RPG maintained that any Force user who had access to a given power type (healing, control, and something else...?) COULD use any power they wanted, but simply CHOSE to stick to one side or the other most of the time. Also, it stated that a light-sider using a dark-specific power (such as Force lightning) became stronger in the Force as a result, but also more susceptible to corruption (Darksiders gain power faster and more easily -- that's the appeal ...I just see it as the Dark Side being the Way of the Lazy Wimp )

This may still be the case.

Invisitext above, same reason.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well, the saber color is canonically from the crystal used for focusing, where different Jedi over the series had access to different sources of crystals. (Lampshading the point that the filmmakers never thought further than "that looks flashy/sinister".)

Comment

Working...
      X