This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to get this guy evicted.

I don't know what it is about the 20th of the month or thereabouts, but that's when late at night and in early morning he decides to slam furniture or himself into the shared bedroom wall. I have a log of 3 months of this with a weird added time frame around the first week of December. It's usually the 19th through the 23rd. I have a month of peace and then SLAM--my walls shake. It's not a bangbangbang like he's...doing something. It's like he's body slamming the wall. I just emailed the manager again. I don't work until tomorrow night but I do have an appointment in the morning. It's bad enough that the people behind me stomp and bang around, but at least it doesn't sound like they're assaulting the walls. I can mostly drown that out with a fan. This started at 11:19 this evening. I'm not going to bed yet but I have anxiety about being startled while sleeping which may produce a panic attack. I like where I live other than this ridiculousness. Is he diving into bed? I keep imagining a large man but I actually think it's the thin guy I've seen around. Dude, come on. ETA: just happened again and it's now 3:00 am. I admit I was up due to pain but it is freaky how it was totally quiet for a couple of hours until I walked into my room for something.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 01-25-2020, 07:58 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

That is awful. I've lived in buildings with paper-thin walls and asshole neighbours. I hope management decides to get him out of there.

One of the reasons I love my current domicile: the walls and floors are concrete. Anybody wants to body-slam a wall, well, they'll wake up either in the ER ... or the morgue. Win-win either way.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

If I keep telling them about it they might. Our walls are thin and I hear neighbors all the time but I can drown them out with a fan. Not this nonsense.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        If I keep telling them about it they might. Our walls are thin and I hear neighbors all the time but I can drown them out with a fan. Not this nonsense.
        Could you ask the manager at the complex if they wouldn't mind stopping by around the time of the incidents? Or record it somehow? That might be proof.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          Could you ask the manager at the complex if they wouldn't mind stopping by around the time of the incidents? Or record it somehow? That might be proof.
          That might indeed work. I once lived in another one of those cheap apartments (NOT concrete floors and/or walls) and the new tenant below me was a single mother who screamed at her toddler child and punched the walls at all hours (I don't think she was hitting the child ... yet).

I finally put a small tape recorder down on the floor and recorded a couple of her outbursts and then took it to child protection.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            His apartment is directly above her office so she's heard it. But she doesn't live here so she doesn't hear the stuff late at night.

Comment

Working...
            X