This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work-related question

Today, I started a new part-time job. The lady was showing me around the place, telling me how to do this and that, and so on. It's a very small company. It looks like an easy and fun job, and training will continue tomorrow.

I had an appointment with my therapist afterwards, and he told me that he can only see me on Wednesdays at a certain time. This conflicts with my work schedule at this job. Since I've only just started, I don't want to ask if I can stop working on Wednesdays - and I certainly don't want to tell her why. Since it's part-time and the hours are fixed, I would have to work a different day (I'm only working three days a week).

How do you suggest I approach this?

You've got a job? That's wonderful! My advice would be to explain this early on, and perhaps even get your therapist to write something if they want it.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Congrats on the new job! Sorry to hear about the conflict.

It may boil down to which you want more: this therapist or this job.

Good luck!
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Not so much what I want, as what I need. I need work. I also need therapy. I did float the idea today, since we were discussing the days I'm meant to work. I just let it be known that if it were possible for me not to work Wednesdays, there's an ongoing "thing" I could attend. But, of course, I left it up to them.

Comment

Working...
        X