X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• {Insert frustration}

Had a lovely customer interaction a while ago:

It was month end and we shouldn't have been in at all but being accounts people and it being month end we came in.

So I get this set of emails *paraphrased*:

Cust AP: (first day of month) Can I have a statement

Me: Of course, here you are

CA: oh (second day of month) I need the invoices dated X and Y please.

Me: (Out of office message as I'm not there)

CA: (To person who left 2 years ago which they have been told) Gizmo isn't in, can I have these please? I need to do month end!

Me: (next workday our office is open, first email replied to) Here they are. Btw, {person} left us before I joined, I'm the correct contact person. The whole company was on shutdown last week

CA: Well who else can I speak to then?

Me: Well I'm the only person who does this job here so no one. *thinking: No one was here anyway!* If you need urgent attention you can send it to (group) email address which does get to management as well. *thinks to type: but they won't care or reply anyway unless I'm out for more than a couple of days*

CA: Oh, OK. *comes across grumpy*

I know its not their end of year and they don't normally do this so I'm not sure what got their back up but we could have done without it!
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

My guess - they oops'd and deleted some files and are trying to replicate them before they get in trouble.

Comment

Working...
    X