This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudeness and I will not smile

Every Wednesday my boss has off so I have to set up the fish case in the morning, I'm about halfway done setting the case and this woman comes up to get some fish so I stop to help her. The entire time she doesn't say anything, no hello no excuse me nothing. I ask her what she would like and she starts grabbing for the fish so I tell her not to stick her hands in the case and close the windows, once I get behind the counter I ask her again and she just looks irritated and taps the case and holds up one finger. I get her 1 pound of shrimp, I hand it to her and she doesn't even say thank you and walks away. The best part is I know she can talk because she answered her phone when she walked over to the meat case.

The second guy also wanted shrimp but he only wanted very little and he decided to make a joke out of it, "since there's not much you're giving it to me for free" that joke is never funny. When he saw I wasn't laughing he got a little iritated "Jesus Christ lighten up will ya, it's just a joke. Smile!" I told him you don't know how many times I've heard that joke over the last 9 years, then he gets pissy. "Fine, I won't ever tell it again ok! You're probably not even funny!" I did have the perfect comeback but if I used it he would've complained, and that unfunny douche left soon after anyway.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

I love how these idiots always think their lame attempts at jokes are so original. If I had a dollar for every time I asked a customer how they were and they said 'I'd be fine if my TV worked!' I'd be able to retire by now. Look, people, it's called being polite. I mean, if I were being honest, when customers asked me how I was I'd always say, 'Fine, until you called!'

That first lady sounds like an entitled snot.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
      The entire time she doesn't say anything, no hello no excuse me nothing. I ask her what she would like ...and she just looks irritated and taps the case and holds up one finger. I get her 1 pound of shrimp, I hand it to her and she doesn't even say thank you and walks away.
      In a perfect world, you could get away with getting in her face and sarcastically gushing, "Why THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH for your custom! Charming and polite customers just make my day!" Just to watch her squirm. She was being damned rude and she knew it.
      I did have the perfect comeback but if I used it he would've complained, and that unfunny douche left soon after anyway.
      We won't complain! Tell us!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        We won't complain! Tell us!
        Ok.

You're right I'm not funny, I'm hilarious. You however are not.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Ok.

You're right I'm not funny, I'm hilarious. You however are not.
          Exactly!

These SCs always tell the same "jokes" over and over, don't they? I do wish they'd get a new writer.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The problem with that joke is that I know from personal experience that they only think it's funny when they say it to others and not being told to themselves.

Once I had someone come in and ask if they could have an audio patch cable (the one from the sound card to the CD-Rom drive) for free. Now since with every computer we have ever built we got one with the motherboard, one with the Cd-Rom and Two with the sound cards...the fuckers kept piling up. I usually kept a full drawer and tossed the rest. And hell...If I had to order them they cost 3 cents each. If I ordered a gross of the things...the shipping cost more.

So giving them away for free was a good will gesture that kept customers happy.

But one guy came in and saw that I gave that cable to a customer for free and decided to ask if he could have a 450w power supply for free since I was giving shit away.

I told him no and he got pissy as all hell about it and said that he was never coming here again and that we had lost a valued customer. A customer whom you may have guessed (as is the norm around here) had never graced our store before...ever.

So a few weeks later I go to a tackle shop to get some odds and sods for my fishing trip and lo and behold...he's behind the counter. He happens to be the owner.

I (getting the wild hair up my ass) decide to ask if I could have the new baitcaster reel I was looking at for free.

Oh my the lecture I got on how he could not make a living if everyone on the planet was expecting everything for free and how we were communists for even asking and just carried on cranky about how people were like me were driving people like him out of business.

Then I asked if it's so horrible to ask for something for free from hard working shop owners...why did he think it was alright to ask for a $70 power supply from another hard working shop owner?

Then he recognised me and ordered me out of his shop on pain of police involvement. I with a smirk left and bought my supplies at another shop.
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Had a HUGELY SC tell me I was rude because I asked her which item she wanted from a case. She gets a CatButtFace & says "This one, OBVIOUSLY!" Then proceeds to tell me how rude I was on a previous occasion & how unfortunate it was that she got me again. This after she sought me out twice in one visit to my counter. Cunt.
              Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

I'm amazed you accurately discerned she wanted a full pound, and was waiting for her to bitch about it being the wrong unit of measure... I think I'd have given her a single shrimp.
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

She tapped on the glass and held up 1 finger, I've had people do that when they were legitimately having a hard time speaking English. It was the first (and hopefully last) time that a customer absolutely refused to speak to me.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

The entire time she doesn't say anything, no hello no excuse me nothing. I ask her what she would like and she starts grabbing for the fish so I tell her not to stick her hands in the case and close the windows, once I get behind the counter I ask her again and she just looks irritated and taps the case and holds up one finger.
                    That's when you treat her like the toddler she's acting like. "Use your words!"

At least a toddler has an excuse.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                    X