This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay attention, Mr. Matthews!

I love my job. I like my co-workers. And I understand my bosses. The one thing that I do not enjoy is the special brand of customers we get.

See Thread Title

My job in particular requires me, from time to time, to move things that limit my forward vision by about 80%. But a giant box or piece of furniture or some other massive, cumbersome... thing does not register. Not when there are various crafting things that need to be acquired! And the people shopping for these various overpriced items of scrapbookery goodness apparently do NOT like to be bumped, jostled, or otherwise deterred.

The most hilarious two instances of this were when an older woman literally leapt in front of me to the oversized rose-art lipstick art thingy. Only pausing long enough to spare me a scathing glance that said "IT'S MY PRECIOUS! NOT YOURS!" as I came to a sudden halt to prevent collision with the overzealous crafter.

The second one involved an actual collision with a gentleman who was too busy walking backwards staring at the, admittedly, attractive hindquarters of a young female customer who clearly thought she had to dress for the Sun. As expected, he had the look of shame on his face that only comes from being caught being lecherous. The young lady in question realized quickly what had happened, and beat a hasty retreat.

Unexpected tongue holding

My position at work does not lend itself to time on the floor. Only to one of our three stockrooms. So unless it's something I walk past everyday I probably don't know where it is. As you can imagine, this creates something resembling a problem for some of the customers. I get by with passing knowledge or finding a coworker to help, but in one instance we had ourselves the "Escalating Escalation". Basically, everything I said and did seemed to be the wrong, wronger, and wrongest thing to do.

Her: Do you know where the picture holders are?

Me: I wish I did ma'am, but if you ask that lady right there she'll get you pointed in the right direction.

(Motion to a coworker not ten feet away)

Her: Aren't you supposed to walk me to the item?

Me: I would if I could, but I'm afraid I don't know where they are. I'm sure she'll be able to help you.

Her: NO! I asked you first! Now you walk me over to her, ask her for me, then walk me to the item!

(Coworker literally just stood there, mouth agape. Well... it IS company policy.)

CW: It's the island right across from the framing desk.

Her: Thank you. Alright you, take me there.

She leads ME to framing, then with a wave of her hand dismisses me when she sees what she's looking for.

Her: I'll take it from here. Thanks for nothing.

Me: Oh...kaaaay....

Since I actually want/need/love this job, I chose not to let this woman have the comment I would have normally made without thinking twice. But I remember exactly what I said to my coworkers when I got back to my stockroom.

"That bitch needs a penis in one of her orifices, stat."

That's all for now.

Quoth xdslitex View Post
    "That bitch needs a penis in one of her orifices, stat."
    I vote nostril.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
      I vote nostril.
      I was gonna say her eye but I guess that's not really an orifice...yet.

Comment

Have we thrown ears out the window?

Comment

Am I the only one that read the thread title in Mr. Feeny's voice?
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Wouldn't fit! Shame, tho'...

Comment

What about ear? You do put it in the ear.. Right?

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                Am I the only one that read the thread title in Mr. Feeny's voice?
                Nope, I'd like to think that was the intent.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                X