This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh look, my eye's starting to twitch.

Aaaaand, we're back, due to a horrific past few months in which I landed the fulltime job of my dreams, realized quickly it was a nightmare, and then slogged through frantically trying to get enough money to flipping survive.

Boy, and it's been a FUN filled few months. /s

That's Not Good Enough!

SC: Hi, I saw your banner sale promotion, 20% off all of those?
    Seraph: Yep, any custom banners!
    SC: Ok, well, I think you should give me an 80% discount instead
    Seraph: ...I'm sorry?
    SC: Yeah, 20% isn't good enough, I'd prefer 80%, just kind of flip the sale?

....Well, after that, I think you're going to get a different kind of flip, if you know what I mean.

I Mean What I Say, But Not Really

SC: So, I'd like you to design me a new icon for our business app. Just make sure you don't put our company's initials in it. We want something graphical, really something nice.

/insert graphical awesomeness and mocking up/

Seraph: Ok, so how about this? I did a really neat frying pan silhouette, something memorable and stylistic, so that people instantly recognize it.

SC: Mmmmm, no this isn't what we wanted at all.

Seraph: Ok, can you clarify a bit?

SC: Well, we kind of had someone else also mock up an icon, and theirs is really gorgeous, so we're going to go with it. Here, see, this is what you should've done.

Seraph: This is just your company's initials....

SC: Yeah, isn't it a great idea?

You Suck For Not Letting Me Steal This

SC: Hey, so why does this mockup have your name on it?

Seraph: Well, since you haven't paid in full yet, I'm just watermarking my work out of policy. Its not that I believe you will do it, but some clients in the past have taken my unwatermarked work and used it before they paid...so this is a policy I have had since.

SC: Well....I was kind of wanting you to remove that.

Seraph: Sure thing, do you want to just pay off the balance now?

SC: ...No, I want you to remove that before I do. I wanted to put it up on my website....

Seraph: .....

Sooooo Unprofessional

SC: Hey, I saw the mockup you sent in. What in the world do you think you're trying to pull on me?

Seraph: I'm sorry, I don't quite understand?

SC: This mockup is soooo unprofessional. Your font looks like something a kid would do. Seriously, I'm a business, I want to be taken seriously. Get your stuff straight, and send me something that looks PROFESSIONAL.

Seraph: ...Ok, here's an update then...

SC: THIS LOOKS EVEN WORSE. Forget it, I'm just going to go with a different guy who sent me an idea. His actually looks nice!

...The font he claimed looked like a kid's? Trajan Pro. I saw the logo afterwards, he went with Comic Sans. I wish I was kidding.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

::head explodes::

W...T...F...

Comment

My condolences on your dream job. I trust that you will, as always, land on your feet!

Comment

c...c...comic sans? *shudder*
        Trajan pro is such a nice font...

Looks like you can't escape the sucktomers, no matter what.
        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Bee -- here's a paper bag to breathe into >_>

No worries on the font guy, Seraph -- if he thinks Comic Sans (...CS: The Font? Waitaminnit...) is better than ... well... anything other than a handwriting font, he has no taste.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

So are these some customers you just got, or from the new job?
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
              Aaaaand, we're back, due to a horrific past few months in which I landed the fulltime job of my dreams, realized quickly it was a nightmare, and then slogged through frantically trying to get enough money to flipping survive.

Boy, and it's been a FUN filled few months. /s
              At least your sense of sarcasm hasn't suffered. Glad you got a new job.

Now, on to the latest batch of asshats...

Quoth Seraph View Post
              That's Not Good Enough!

SC: Yeah, 20% isn't good enough, I'd prefer 80%, just kind of flip the sale?
              I'd prefer that you DIAF, but we don't always get what we want, do we?

Quoth Seraph View Post
              I Mean What I Say, But Not Really

Seraph: This is just your company's initials....

SC: Yeah, isn't it a great idea?

Hell, MY company uses their initials for a number of their programs. Looks stupid as hell.

Quoth Seraph View Post
              You Suck For Not Letting Me Steal This
              SC: ...No, I want you to remove that before I do. I wanted to put it up on my website....
              Damn, it's going to take a long time to get The Rolling Stones out of my head thanks to these guys...
              Tell you what. You take the watermark off, and I'll file the DMCA claim. Let's see who wins, shall we?

Quoth Seraph View Post
              Sooooo Unprofessional

...The font he claimed looked like a kid's? Trajan Pro. I saw the logo afterwards, he went with Comic Sans. I wish I was kidding.
              Ugh. Enjoy going out of business. Comic Sans? Really?
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                So are these some customers you just got, or from the new job?
                Freelance customers.

New job, I just started on Friday, so we'll see how that all goes this week. Probably won't be dealing with any sucky customers directly.

...Probably.

Freelance work though...it's still totally an option. -.-

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  That guy probably wouldn't know good design if it smacked him in the face!

And that font you point out? That's a sharp, classy font! I like it!

I'm building/maintaining a website for a guy I know. He and his wife came up with the design. I think the design could be much better, but hey, it's his site...I'm just doing what he wants...
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Well at least you have a steady job now, so you won't be desperate enough for business to put up with those idiots.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                      Well at least you have a steady job now, so you won't be desperate enough for business to put up with those idiots.
                      I am hoping this new job works out, yeah. Won't feel completely secure until I get a paycheck, though, LOL

Comment

SERAPH POST! SEEK SHELTER!

Ye gods, they went with Comic Sans?! It's the most unprofessional font there is!

No lie, my Mom typed up this letter she wanted to send to Dan Snyder (owner of the Washington Redskins), proposing a change to the team name. (Something that'll never ever happen, but whatever.) She showed me the letter...

J2K: "Very well-written and thought out, but change the font."
                        Mom: "Why?"
                        J2K: "That's Comic Sans. It just doesn't look very professional. If you want to be taken seriously, don't use Comic Sans."

She changed the font.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Will you even have time for the freelancing now?
                          My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                            Will you even have time for the freelancing now?
                            Totally. I multitask like a mother.

...wait.

....I stand by my comment.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                              Totally. I multitask like a mother.

...wait.

....I stand by my comment.
                              And in multitasking, she still somehow manages to find time to aggro Normalcy so that it relentlessly tries to ruin her day.

Alas.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X