X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a stupid question...

Quick one from this morning.

SC: Which coffee is stronger? Regular or Decaf?
    Me: (hoping he's not asking what I think he's asking) You mean which one has stronger flavor?
    SC: No, which one will give me a stronger kick in the morning?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

/facepalm

well... there are some special people.

Comment

Well he hasn't had the coffee yet to jump start the thinking process

Comment

That would actually explain it all, Aethian.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Well he hasn't had the coffee yet to jump start the thinking process
          I used to tell people that we had a fundamental flaw in our store operations: that we required people to do complicated things like tell us what they wanted and pay BEFORE they've had coffee. The solution was to write a note the night before that says "I would like X please." and pin it with their money to their coats, like in kindergarten.

This usually got a laugh.

I suppose another option might be to install a dispenser by the door with a sign* "If your brain is not yet functioning enough to order coherently, please enjoy an ounce of complementary extra strong espresso. That's right, just knock it back. Wait twenty minutes, then proceed to the counter as usual. Have a nice day."

*Yes, I know they won't read it.
          My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

That's something special.

Makes me feel a bit better about the fact that for years I assumed dark roast was stronger than light roast only to learn that light roast actually has more caffeine per volume than dark roasts.
            You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

It could be worse. I had a coworker who quit drinking coffee completely because of the caffeine. Instead she started making her own hot tea at work. And no, it was regular tea bags not decaf.

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                That's something special.

Makes me feel a bit better about the fact that for years I assumed dark roast was stronger than light roast only to learn that light roast actually has more caffeine per volume than dark roasts.
                Yes! I was stunned when I found that out!

I still like dark roast better, though!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I am a non-coffee drinking anomaly.

Comment

Quoth shopgirl15 View Post
                    Me too. But that's why Mt Dew was invented.
                    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I use Dr Pepper for the same purpose.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The bar version of this is something I've noticed over the years. And for whatever reason, it only seems to happen with vodka.

"I'll have an Absolut and vodka."

"I'll have a Stoli and vodka."

"I'll have a Grey Goose and vodka."

These people aren't trying to order doubles. Their mind is somehow screwing with them, eliminating the preferred mixer from what they're saying, and substituting the word "vodka," despite the fact that they've already ORDERED vodka.

You can't be that much of an anomaly, since I'm right there with you. I don't drink caffeine (I'm so high energy at work normally that people agree that I don't really need caffeine, and I've never drank coffee, as I find it repulsive. When I gave up caffeine all those many years ago, it was just Coke and Dr. Pepper.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          "I'll have an Absolut and vodka."

"I'll have a Stoli and vodka."

"I'll have a Grey Goose and vodka."
                          Maybe they're thinking along the lines of "I'll have a Coors Light and a beer", in that after drinking some over-hyped mass-market swill, they need some REAL booze to wash it down.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Same here...I'm also a tee-totaller. Both of which got me plenty of odd looks back in New Orleans.

And speaking of New Orleans...
                            Quoth Jester View Post
                            Their mind is somehow screwing with them, eliminating the preferred mixer from what they're saying, and substituting the word "vodka," despite the fact that they've already ORDERED vodka.
                            Taaka. Mixes easy. Just throw it out the window, use vodka that isn't complete shit, and find something to mix it with.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              Quick one from this morning.

SC: Which coffee is stronger? Regular or Decaf?
                              Me: (hoping he's not asking what I think he's asking) You mean which one has stronger flavor?
                              SC: No, which one will give me a stronger kick in the morning?
                              This does remind me of a line from an old (well, late 90's) TV series "Cupid"...

"Coffee without caffeine is like sex without spanking..."
                              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                              X