X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kanalah View Post
    These take place between March - now.

One of my friends said that it wasn't PC for me to sell quilts, since "not everyone knows how to sew." I told her that I do offer lessons. She said "I hope you don't charge for them then, because it's not fair to make a profit off of people." I had to walk away at that point.
    I read this three days ago, but I'm only posting a comment now because I was sent reeling by the stupidity of this statement. Seriously. Bar none, this i probably the most idiotic thing I have EVER heard said to someone who does any kind of custom work. Possibly the stupidest thing I've ever herd, period.
    "I am nothing if not an equal opportunity asshole." -Gravekeeper

"F**k you and your tie." -Jester

Comment

Yeah I felt my brain blue-screen at that.

I deal with a lot of stupidity from people, but that statement - from someone who really should know better! - Just...BWUH?
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Tora View Post
        I read this three days ago, but I'm only posting a comment now because I was sent reeling by the stupidity of this statement. Seriously. Bar none, this i probably the most idiotic thing I have EVER heard said to someone who does any kind of custom work. Possibly the stupidest thing I've ever herd, period.
        All I can think of is she thinks there's a difference between "hobby" and "profession" and that it's wrong to make money off of a "hobby". Still wrong, but at least that can explain her logic.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post

I am feeling very glad that I didn't sign up for so many shows this year, since all the ones I was thinking about have ended up to be scammers. One was just cancelled today after originally being planned for January, then being pushed back over and over and over.

And I have a show in 2 weeks.
          Wow, I have never heard of so many scams in the same area. I am so sorry! *passes the wine*

We had a scammer here that was attached to the Knights of Columbus. It wasn't until I wrote to the local paper and an article was done that we got our money back.
          You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

I'm lucky that I managed to get into a close knit group of crafters and one of the lady's side businesses is criminal investigations. So she has no problem digging up info on these people trying to scam crafters and getting people's money back.

She personally met the 19 y-o that didn't want to give people's money back and the 19 acted like she was being oh-so generous by giving her a refund. Uhm she was the one that cancelled the show, plus is was the first time she'd ever run a show.

Oh and we have this one "lady". Her first show was in March $30 for a booth and there was no advertisement, and no outside signage. She blamed the venders that no one showed up. Her second show was in June for $45 a booth - no ads and one tiny sign outside on the street. She has a new show she's trying to fill (same venue) for this month. She's upping the rent to $100 a booth since in her words "I'm tired of doing all this work for free!" Uhm, what work (besides calling and renting the venue) did you do? Did you put an ad in the paper or a page on FB about it? No. Did you buy a big sign so people knew there was a show? No. Print flyers and hand them out, or ask local businesses to put them up? No.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
            X