This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: "Mix and Match" Edition

Just a mixture that's too hard to define.

Too Little, Too Late, Again

Had a guy call me one morning, and tell me that a reservation they had made had been in error. The reservation had been run as a "No Show" more than a week earlier. They wanted to see if the charges could be added to their next reservation. I checked, and they had not stayed here at all in the previous 8 mos, and their were no future reservations for them. Quite simply, it's not gonna happen.

Of Crazies and Co-Workers

This ones got a good measure of CoC in it. This is also all 2nd hand info, except for my direct conversation with "Nicolle".

I came in on Friday night, and Sally relates to me that she had a customer go absolutely crazy because she couldn't get them an extra blanket and pillow.

PROBLEMS:
    #1) The room exceeded Fire Code capacity as it stood.
    #2) Nicolle, the 1st shift, had told them that they could get these supplies, all they had to do was ask at the desk, but did not make sure these supplies were available for all shifts should these guests come down later.
    #3) Nicolle in no way communicated to Sally that this was still outstanding at shift change.
    #4) Sally had a very busy shift, and as the club was then in full swing, was unable to go to the other side of the hotel for additional supplies (this was 10:30PM, guest checked in at 2:45PM).

Because of this, the female guest had a minor fit at the desk. When she left her husband came up, and had a major fit. He said that they were not going to stay in this hotel, that Sally had been rude to his wife, and that the room was unacceptable. Sally informed the guest that as they had now been in the room for 8 hours, they would be paying for it, which he argued against, unsuccessfully.
    He was asked to leave because he was causing a scene in front of other guests, and the Bouncer at the Bar made sure he departed.

When I summed up the situation for Nicolle the next morning, she made the statement that Sally was too lazy to get the stuff. When I tried to (obliquely) defend Sally, without coming right out and saying that Nicolle was in the wrong, (I'm not her boss), she refused to back down.

I'm gonna be telling my GM about it in a few minutes, may have an update after my days off.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Dont you love it when customers want you to break rules and laws just for them?
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

"Since you're currently exceeding room capacity, the only way I can get you more pillows and blankets is if they come with another room...."

Hope Nicolle gets a little reminder that communication is essential, and that not every shift is like hers. Maybe she should have to work a few of the swing or graveyards?

Comment

Heh, Nicolle sounds a lot like the first shift person I get the pleasure of here.

Comment

Working...
        X